Thread: Ultrasound on 8 months

Default Ultrasound on 8 months

Hello,

As I am petite and a small belly!! the Obts advice me to have another ultrasound in 4 weeks coming to see if the baby is developing normally, and that everything is fine.

Im just wondering how much cost this ultrasound. They told me $285, but do we get to have it in 3d? and a photo as we got on the ultrasound taken on the 20th week???

Thanx!

I had to have a wellbeing scan done at 32 weeks, mine cost me $195 and because I knew that this particular Ob's machine was capable of doing 3D I actually said to him "if you have enough time at the end can we get a 3D picture" so you could always ask the receptionist if the machine is capable of the 3D images and then ask for one, the worst they can say is no.

I have to have a 32 week scan to check position of my placenta (it was "low-lying" at my 20 week scan) and also to check the cyst on my ovary. They told me it will cost $180 and I'll get $85 back from Medicare (will actually get more back cause I've passed the safety net).

Since I have to have this scan I figured I would get a 3D picture and actually found it quite difficult to find a place that will do it. Did manage to book in somewhere though. A few places I rang I just found resistance against doing the 3D.

Ah okay, cos last time where i went for my 20 wks ultrasound, i didn't have to ask for the pictures and the Dc gave it to me. And as this time he is full booked i have to get someone else do the ultrasound.

Thanx i'll call the lady and asked if they do 3d.