Thread: video monitors

Default video monitors

Hi there

We have decided that we want to buy a video monitor for our little bubba, but I'm struggling to find much information on them. Does anyone know if the childcare one is any good?? We purchased on from ebay but get too much information so I need to send it back, but thought I'd try and do some research before ordering another one.

Thanks
    Georgina

We got one off ebay too, I couldnt really find any around here. The one we have is a little staticy but when I use just a standard monitor I get the same static so it must just be all the static in our house! At the start I thought it was a bit excessive to get the video monitor but now and really happy as it will make life a lot easier and reasssuring to be able to roll over and see baby still sleeping/breathing rather than checking every few minutes! I assume by information you mean static that you are getting, try a normal monitor at your house first too before you send it back as it may be where you are placing it.

thanks for that - can you remember which one you purchased from ebay?

If you're getting static from any sort of monitor, try unplugging things around it. Ours had horrible static that drove me nuts until I checked the plugs nearby & discovered my mobile phone charger in the next room was causing the parents unit to play up. I moved the mobile charger to the kitchen at the other end of the house & it was perfect.
    Last edited by {sarah}; November 28th, 2007 at 03:03 PM. Reason: horrific spelling!

Thats sarah I didnt think of doing that!

The one we got was just called video surveliance. It was a white one I have thown out the box! It was about $150 plus delivery from Asia I think.

Neither had I, I posted on BB & someone suggested it LOL!