thread: washing baby items

Jan 2008
    Central Coast NSW

I must be strange...I have already washed most of my baby clothes! (I'm 27 weeks) and am just waiting for some sun to to the rest! My excuse is that I have HUGE amounts of hand me downs and I sorted them and then washed so I could put them away. I already have tubs of 00, 0 and 1 put away and 0000 and 000 in the cupboard and drawers. I have 1-2 loads of clothes to go and the linen (sheets, blankets for cot and bassinet etc). This is my last lot of school holidays as Blake is due in July hols and I'm working till the end of term - I hope to have the nursery almost set up before next week!

Dec 2008
    Brisbane

thanks for the replies. i thought i might have been thinking about it too early. I havent taken tags of the few new things we have and will probably only do so with 1maybe2 outfits for going home in. the rest are either what i kept from my other 2 or hand downs from our neighbour.

I already have to use sensitive washing powder so will just use that. i've never actually used anything different to wash baby clothes in.

Jan 2009
    Melbourne

Definately wash any new baby clothes ESPECIALLY if made in China cos they are dipped in a formaldehyde-like compound to get them through customs. Its a pity if they shrink too much but I reckon it's be much worse to have those chemicals next to a newborns skin - or inhaled - can cause awful respiratory problems.