Thread: waters breaking

Question waters breaking

This morning i woke up with a little wet patch in my pants, not very big, but def not wee and wasn't mucousy.. didn't smell like much at all!

MY Q is: Can your waters break/trickle without you having lost your plug..?!

So far, as far as i know i haven't lost any plug yet!.....

cheers

Hi Haroula
    Yes your waters can break without loosing your plug.
    Are yousure that the wet parch was not CM. Late in pregnancy CM can become quite watery. If you think that its your waters and you have any more leaking then it would be a good idea to get it checked

Thanks Alan, you're the best!

no more so far... and am thinking it was probably CM.. but i just got this weird OH NO feeling.. and thinking i hadn't finished organising stuff! LOL

I just have had a very uneventful PG so far with no other symptoms other than slight cramping... and no extra CM i kinda got thrown for a six!! not that i am complaining of course!

hi haroula, i have had that happen to me 3 times over the past probably 3 weeks,the exact same thing that u described..no smell or anything and just a little bit..i rang my local hospital every time and they just said to wear a pad and if it happens again within a few hours to go up there,but it never did.They said that the waters can break away a little and re seal...so i dont know..wierd.lol

Haroula...it's also a little on the syrupy side if it's amniotic fluid...mine broke and I had a gusher...my ex-husband and I left a trail from the ER entrance all the way to the birthing suites at Gosford Hospital - I had two pads on and a towel underneath me in the wheelchair!

Mrsr......i had both of my sons at Gosford Hospital too!! With my second i didn't think the gushing was ever going to stop, in the end i was just left laying in it on the bed.

So, obviously you used to live on the Central Coast.....we lived at Point Clare

Thanks for posting this Haroula. I've learned a few things from it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Mrsr......i had both of my sons at Gosford Hospital too!! With my second i didn't think the gushing was ever going to stop, in the end i was just left laying in it on the bed.

So, obviously you used to live on the Central Coast.....we lived at Point Clare
    Yep...Wyoming! I good friend of mine lived at Point Clare...they've uprooted and moved to beautiful downtown Terrigal.

My waters broke late in labout - i was almost 10cm and in the ambulance lol.... glad i didnt have to clean and yes it was a complete gush!!! didnt feel like i was peeing myself at all and warm!

I have been told it smells like semen rather than CM - if you dare to compare!

Wow, small world isn't it...amazing to think we lived only a few suburbs away Mrsr. I actually lived in North Gosford for about a year and a half too ,so i was almost your next door neighbour,lol.

Hello,

Just a quick question in regard to waters breaking....Do you get any warning signs that its about to happen? My first I had to have them broken so I have no idea what will happen this time!!

Thanks
    Sus
    x

Hi Sus
    No usually there is no warning. Some women feel a popping sensation as the waters break.

Yes, that's what I felt....like someone popped a teeny bubble deep in my pelvic area.

I had no warning. I was sitting down and laughed, and I thought I'd weed my pants LOL. When I checked it was tinged with pink so I knew it was my waters. I never had a gush, but they continued to leak, annoyingly so, for most of my first stage (10 hours).

with DD#1 I felt a small popping sensation and had a trickle, then when I walked to the bathroom, it started running more, but pelvic floor held it ok. It all of a sudden gushed tho and I flooded everything. Pads and towels and more towels did nothing to hide it. I was so embarrassed. And yes it has a very distinct smell. However, even I found myself having to visit Del suite this past fri as I have a bad cold (AGAIN!!!!!!) and been coughing so much and felt a tug and leaked fluid. My bladder has been great up untill this pgcy, however because of this cold, I had no idea if it was liquor or urine as I could not smell ANYTHING (even vicks vaporub has no smell for me atm!)they checked and said most likely urine, but pad yest morning had tiny pink smidges. Nothing really since so I gather all is good hehehe. If you are worried at all, go to ur hosp. They can check and make sure for u. Goodluck girls!