Thread: watery Fluid discharge

Question watery Fluid discharge

[B][/B

Hey everyone,

I am new to this site and am finding it very helpful, my name is Danielle. I am 28 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing a watery sort of discharge. At 14 weeks I had bleeding and cramping and they couldnt find out what it was cause from and since then I have been getting alot of water like stuff in one go coming out. there is no mucous or coulour in it, it smells a little not alot and just looks like clear fluid, when i go to the loo my undies are wet and look as though I have pee'd myself no other sort of colour at all. Does anyone have any idea what this is and if it is normal, I did not experience this with my 1st baby.

????????????

thanks!

Danielle

Hi Danielle
    If this has happened more than once and is still happening it would be a good idea to get it checked out it could be your waters have broken. It could also be an increase in CM but just to be on the safe side, put on a pad/liner and when it is damp go to the hospital thay can test the fluid on the pad/liner to se if it is your waters.

Danielle - wondering if its just discharge. I've noticed (im 33 weeks) that its coming out alot so have to wear a thin pad.

Hi Danielle

I'm at a similar stage of pregnancy to you and had this happen to me a couple of times a few days ago - it was like a sudden gush of fluid (not really enough to go through my clothes - enough to wet my undies tho) but it definitely wasn't urine. At first I panicked that I was leaking amniotic fluid but it didn't happen again so I stopped worrying about it. One thing I read is that when you do have a leak it is often more pronounced when lying down, so you could lie down for a bit and see if it happens then.

Hey

thanks for the advice. I think I will book into the doctors tomorrow just to be checked, its been happening for quiet a while, and sometimes i do get alot of fluid it wets my undies and my pants, and once i was about to get int he shower and i had watery stuff running down my leg. It comes and goes some days i dont get it at all. Its just strange cause theres no mucous mixed with it it just looks like water. I am only 28 weeks pregnant too. I had this with my 1st one but near the end at about 36 weeks, i had an ultrasound and they said I had a tear in my sac, and it was only small and that it would either break and id go into labour or if she was not ready to come yet it would heal itself back over. I will book into the doctors for tomorrow and see, cause thats a long time to be leaking fluid if it was my sac leaking again, the baby is fine though he is still kicking around he seemed fine when the obstetrician checked him yesterday. but ill got o my doctor and find out what it is I suppose. Thanks! Ill let you know when I find out.

Danielle

hi danielle i had the exact same problem happen to me when i was about 35+ weeks pregnant it used to happen quite frequently i went up to the hospital every time to get it checked it wasnt amniotic fluid they said the didnt know what it was..and bub turned out fine. I know how worrying it is though

Enchanted Guest

Hi Danielle,

How did you go??

From,

Another Danielle

Well I told the obstetrician about it, he didnt say much at all about it, my GP said I could have a tear in my sac and if it happens early it would usually re-seal itself anyhow as long as I dont get a whole pool of watery fluid gushing out. My Gp said to just take it easy no rough activity so it does heal itself over, I had a simailar thing with my 1st one but right at the end. The obstetrician was pretty crap! I hate the public hospital system and cant afford private health care, nor private health insurance. So I went up the hospital for my Ob appointment I had to wait 2 1/2 hours sitting on a plastic hard chair in the waiting room of the materninty ward with about 20 other girls. Oh my that was hell, so by the time I got in he was like... yeah yeah yeah.... and sent me on my way, I didnt get my blood pressure or anything checked! And I thought they feel your tummy to see the size and position of the baby, he didnt do that or even record anything in my ante natal record book! I left a very unhappy patient! I did however try and discuss with him what my birth options would be having a C section 1st, no medical advisor has told me I could attempt birth myself yet instead of C section, I researched it myself, they originally just said yep, another C section. And no doctor or obstetrican had advised me on VBAC, I had to research all of it myself also, Ive had no consultation with a health professional about VBAC yet, I did however ask him about it when I was in there, and told him the size of my 1st was the problem last time so I am having a growth scan at 34 weeks. Thats about all I got out of him, and I go back at 36 weeks, not necessarily to see the same obstetrician again sometimes they only have midwives, or doctors working here, our hospital is severely under staffed.

So in general I am feeling down about the care I have been receiving throughout my pregnancy because of the state of the public system! I just want to be able to sit and talk about my concerns and get re-assurance, and professional advice on my birthing options and I have not had any of that yet.

Oh well enough of my winging Im sure many other women have had to put up with the same thing as well...

On the upside we all had a lovely day at Noosa Beach today!

Danielle