Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your most positive PG experience?

Melinda Guest

Default What is your most positive PG experience?

Whilst PG our bodies obviously change a great deal, and it can be quite easy to get caught up in the fluid retention, carpal tunnel syndrome, morning sickness (or all day sickness!), headaches, stretch marks etc. As a result, we can sometimes forget to focus on the positive aspects of PG, particularly when the physical aspects are making us feel a bit yucky and are generally getting us a bit down.

So, during your pregnancy, what has been the most positive thing that you have enjoyed? Has it been that you are feeling more movement or that you are able to distinguish that your baby is rolling in your tummy or giving you a swift kick? Has it been that people are finally noticing that you are PG and have not just put on weight LOL? Has it been that you've had an awesome scan and your little one gave you a friendly wave? Or perhaps it's simply that you're not getting morning sickness anymore!!

Feeling the full body rolls in my tummy was sooo cool! I miss it. Also how shiney my hair and skin was.

Hearing the heart beating with the doppler. That is one sound I always go "awwwww" at. I missed the kicking after I had given birth, and also seeing Lachlan yawn during an Ultrasound.

Love

Tootie I can't pick just one!!

I looooove the movements. A girl in my antenatal class said they were annoying, but even now I still have a grin when Munchkin moves.

The heartbeat. I was just dumbfounded at how fast it was & how amazing it was that it was beating away in there.

I think though my top one would have to be seeing our little man on the u/s screen for the first time. I have watched the video over & over again, just to see that little face

Anything that means he's growing well - everything from seeing him on u/s, to hearing his HB, to feeling him get cranky and kick me every time I roll over during the night.

The kicks and movement And the U/S's and um hiccups as annoying as they were I thought they were very cute!

*hugs*
    Cailin

oh the first u/s when we all thought I was m/c and very very scared and there she was this little mini bean with little arm & leg buds moving around.... I still melt thinking of that time!

My 12 week ultrasound was just the best... I remember leaving the hospital feeling high! I was just so excited to see this little miniature baby floating around!
    Another favourite was during the last trimester... Aidyn always used to poke his bum out at the top of my ribs... it was the only part of him that was ever distinguishable from everything else. I loved to think he was mooning everyone

Jackie Guest

LOL Ambah @ bubs mooning everyone

I loved the moving, or when the little foot would poke out the side

katanya Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ambah
    Aidyn always used to poke his bum out at the top of my ribs... it was the only part of him that was ever distinguishable from everything else. I loved to think he was mooning everyone
    :chairfall: ROFL that is so classic Ambah can see Aidyn mooning everyone from your belly!

My favourite was the hiccups and the stretches, Felix would often do a full stretch, stuff the limitations, felt like there were arms and legs coming out all over!!

The scans were magical, I used to study them for hours trying to work out what my Bubba was going to look like and I have to say the scan I had at 27 weeks he looked pretty similar at birth! only problem with the scans was he always had his legs crossed!

The first flutters felt on the inside, the first kick felt on the outside, the waves of movement across my stomach and seeing her on the ultrasound with her arms behind her head and feet crossed. 'make yourself comfortable darls'
    Oh and the shopping and decorating!!!! When do you ever splurge like that!! I would fold and arrange her clothes and things over and over and over.

Ohhhh I used to cup Paris' Bottom in my hands and she would lean further into my hands, thats definitely another thing I miss!

*hugs*
    Cailin

i just love the movement. am getting to feel just the general playing and rolling a lot now aside from the kicking.

is also great when DH feels it, makes him so excited.

considering all the ailments i am starting to get lately, i have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. am having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that in two and a half months, he isnt going to be in ther anymore!

I had an awful pg, what with all-day sickness for 26 weeks, being hospitalised at 31 weeks and having Alex at 35 weeks...

I must say that the best part of pregnancy is HAVING THE BABY!

IMHO!

I love the movement and the very first moment you see your newborn!!

(especially if you get a surprise willy that wasn't "supposed" to be there lol!!)

i love the movements and the heartbeat, i still almsot cry when i hear the heartbeat on the doppler

oh and i love ultrasounds too

take care
    Lesley

colleeg Guest

heartbeat, movement, kicks and tummy growth
    knowing that you and your partner have created something so wonderful & its beautiful to watch it grow \/

I would say the same heartbeat and movements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast