Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you start losing your mucus plug? Does that mean labor is near?

DD1 my plug came out 24 hours before I went into labour. DD2 my plug came out 12 hours before labour.

I reckon you'll be going in very very soon hon. All the best

I am crossing my fingers and toes for the labor to start. You have no idea how much I would like to have my baby in my arms instead of just feeling it move inside... I am so disappointed at the backache (as it comes and goes) and haven't really had any strong contractions yet. ARGH!

I find that I have stopped losing any more mucous plug today... does that mean I have lost the whole plug in bits and pieces or is there more in there?

It is hard to know if the whole plug has come or not. I only ever loss brownish discharge for a couple of hours. With DD1 I had backpain on and off for days days before she was born. It was very annoying but my body was preparing me for a great birth.

Keep us posted

Bekz,

It sounds very reassuring that you had backache similar to what I am experiencing. Hopefully, I will follow your footsteps and go into labor shortly. I guess for now all I could do is to be patient. SIGH (it's easier said than done)!

No advice, just wanted to wish you luck, Carmen. I know how you feel - those last couple of weeks feel like they take longer than the 8 to 9 months before.

I hope something happens for you really soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Townsvillegirl View Post
    No advice, just wanted to wish you luck, Carmen. I know how you feel - those last couple of weeks feel like they take longer than the 8 to 9 months before.

I hope something happens for you really soon.
    Thank you Townsvillegirl. I have my fingers and toes crossed that something will happen shortly or maybe I will look at the calender less often!

smiles4u Guest

I lost my mucus plug almost 48hours before giving birth (note my labour was a short 2.5hrs)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12