Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you start losing your mucus plug? Does that mean labor is near?

Default When did you start losing your mucus plug? Does that mean labor is near?

Just wondering when do one start losing the mucus plug? I started losing since early this morning, but nothing has happened so far except for a few stronger braxton hicks. I lost my plug with DD hours before I went into labor... does that mean this is going to be the same? One thing I should mention though is that my doctor did an internal check yesterday... but I am definitely losing my plug slowly today....

Id say due to your internal yesterday thats why your plug is coming away.

DD1 it started coming out at 7pm....and she was born the next day 11am
    DD2 it was a few days before
    DS as soon as id had a S&S it started coming out....he was born 6 days later

Mine came out of a couple of days...starting 2w1d ago...I'm still here on my edd!!!

Mine came out at 35w and I am still sitting here twiddling my thumbs. You probably lost your plug because of the internal. Never fear, you won't be preggers forever .

SIGH... I guess I still have to wait. The last weeks are a killer... just like when we are waiting to see the "positive" after our two week wait.

Should I be worried that I am still losing bits of my plugs (brownish stained) and has been like that since this morning. I feel my belly tightening up more.

I lost mine about 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to go into labor!
    I suppose its different for everyone.

With DS3 I lost the plug 3 weeks before he was born and DD it was almost 2 weeks so no, not always

My sister started loosing hers 3 weeks before labour

I started losing mine about a week before DD was born and it came away, slowly in bits, over a few days.

It does sound like labour may be close with the tightenings. I wouldn't worry about the brown too much. I had some brown blood at 34 weeks with DD2 & my GP just said it was 'old blood'. He didn't seem worried. I also had a few slight contractions, but they never went any further.
    If you are worried you could call your OB/MW just for reassurance, but I think all is fine.
    Maybe go for a walk & see if the tightenings get stronger.
    Hope it is soon for you! Good luck!

I've lost mine either right before the contractions become steady or in full blown labour at the hospital.. Might be the same for you.

I lost mine in the morning and went into labour that afternoon.

How much can I loose? I seem to have a glob every time I go to the loo! It's so yucky because it makes me feel wet down there all the time. However, it's just plain brownish.

My belly has been tight the whole day. It's so tight that it feels like hard rock... My doctor told me that I could go down the floor on all fours maybe this will speed up the labor. Has anyone heard of that?

Although this is my second pregnancy, I have yet to feel any of my second pregnancy symptoms as to my first. I feel a little scared right now... but at the same time hoping that the "day" will come NOW so I could get it over it.

Yeah, I kept losing it all day, it just kept coming and then when I was in labour it just kept coming out more, I can't believe there was so much!

With DS#2 i lost my plug at 6.am and started having contractions within the hour. He was born just before 10.pm that night.

Each person and each birth is different, so its a bit hard to say.

When i rang the hospital after i lost my plug the midwife said " it could be today, tomorrow or it could be in two weeks - but it will happen" . Thankfully for me it was that same day.

Good luck and i hope you dont have to wait too much longer !

xxxxx

I started to lose my plug at 38/3 - it was clear & with pink tinges at first then clear & red. I lost bits and pieces all day long. I was also getting period type pain & noticed the bub drop massively that morning. By lunch time the odd contraction would happen. Labour started that night & he was born the following afternoon at 38.4.

I'm not sure about getting down on all fours - I heard the best thing was to walk so I went walking in a shopping centre which seemed to help bring it on... that's where I was when contractions started.

It could go on for a few days I think.
    With DD2 I lost clag like CM for about 2 weeks. With DD it was grey & blood streaked for about 3 loo trips, then waters broke about 3 hours later.
    Walking would be the best thing to get things going. Worked for me, anyway.

Hmm, thank you ladies for all your input. I will definitely try the walking hoping to speed things up a little now that I don't need to worry that the baby is born prematurely.

I just got back from the loo and now, it seems like my CM has turned slightly clearer than this morning. It still has a little brownish stain but mostly light pinkish and clear. Crossing my fingers that something will happen shortly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast