Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When to finish up work??

Dee I am thinking about finishing on the 27th of May as well. The difficulty for me is fitting in around school holidays. My Maternity leave if I start on 27th will be 4 weeks into a term, I feel bad for finishing half way through a term, but realy cant afford to finish at the end of term 1. That extra 4 weeks work will make a load of difference. I think at least one good thing is it will be cooler at this time of the year, so we wont have the heat to contend with while we are heavily pregnant. It feels weird, I am starting my new job on 30th Jan, and by 27th May I will be on leave, I am not even going to get in 6 months work. Oh well I guess that is the joys of being a teacher.

I am due on the 28th March as per my 24 weeks scan and I plan on finishing work on Friday 17th March. Everything is ready at home only have to wash everything which I plan doing on in the middle of Feb so I don't need time to prepare and my job is a desk job and not stressful so I can't see it being a prob unless Declan decides to make an speedy early arrival at work or something, but I will deal with that if and when it happends.

Jed Guest

I was planning on working to start of March (34wks) as i'm due April 17th but lately i've been having trouble with a sore tail bone and it's uncomfortable sitting at my desk so i'll probably talk it over with DH at the end of this month.
    The pain is rather minor compared to some women so i'll probably stick it out, but again anything can happen in the last few months.

Jed

Bec Guest

Hi,

I am now planning on finishing up when I am about 30 weeks, due to stress and a sore back. My boss does not know yet I am going to give him notice next week after I have spoken to my Ob and got a medical cert or a letter. I plan on taking mat leave then. It is only 5 weeks earlier but I think it is better for my health and the babys.

Bec

Jed Guest

Bec - i totally agree, i'd love to finish up now (30wks) but i'm just thinking of the money and how bored i'd be, i'm finishing up end to Feb (33wks) due to being pd a monthly salary, then will only have about 6 wks to wait.

Have you got any plans on what you do while at home to fill in the time?

Jed

Bec Guest

Jed,

I will be missing the money but I have to think of my sanity for me and the baby.

I have heaps to do! I need to do some serious spring cleaning like the pantry and get all the baby stuff ready and the nursery.

I also want a rest for abit and then get into the house stuff. I dont think I will get bored at all.

Bec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12