Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when to start taking EPO

Hi there - Sarah thats it!! This is from an article on the belly belly main site - i dont know how to do a link thing!! Article is called Naturally Inducing Labour

Evening Primrose Oil is another ‘cervix ripening’ method. EPO helps by imitating prostaglandin can be used orally and/or internally.

A usual oral dosage is 2-3 of 500mg capsules daily from 36 weeks. If you are taking EPO internally, you can do this from 36 weeks – simply insert 2-3 capsules directly to the cervix before bed. You might like to wear a pad or liner as it can get messy when you get up.

Can i ask - do you guys put a hole in the capsule before using internally?? Stil havent worked up the courage to do it! What a wuss!

No Tan I don't poke a hole, I just shove em up as they are hehe. They do dissolve rather quickly as I noticed last night, I had to go pee so bad 20 min after sticking 2 in and when I looked at my pad it was full of oil so I had to put another 2 up there for good measure. One article I am reading on natural labour induction says to put 5 gel caps a day internally, eek!

5 OMG!!! Im worried about one, but think i will just bite the bullet and go 2 tonight! Thanks babe!

Babushka Doll Guest

After reading this thread, I am very interested in trying RLT & EPO, im 36weeks on Wednesday and see my OB on Monday so Im going to ask him about what he thinks and if he is fine going to get me some!

Although it seems I should have started taking RLT at 32 weeks which i haven't ):

Babushka, it is better late than never to start

I agree, you can always get started now! I started drinking the tea two weeks ago, and now find that by the time I drink my second cup for the day I start to get lots of BHs!

It can't hurt to try As someone said to me, if it shaves 10 minutes off your labour, it's worth it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12