Thread: ~Question for all who know the answer~

Cool ~Question for all who know the answer~

U know how they measure uterus growth from the top of pubic bone too the top of the fundus... what does it mean when those measurements don't add up too how many weeks u are...

My measurement today was 28cm, and i'm 30weeks... Does that just mean i'm going to have a small baby???

And how to i make blob grow more~ I'm eating a healthy normal diet, and more when i'm hungry... any other options

Ryn had an argument with a midwife about this very topic! I measured about the same at 29 weeks, it doesn't sound like blob is too small to me (although I don't know all the answers by any means!!!). As far as I've learnt, as long as you're eating healthily and keeping generally pretty fit then you shouldn't have any worries. Maybe someone else will have some better suggestions for you?

Really dont' worry about the fundal height too much. My babies were always way under what it was supposed to be by a good 5/6cm. You baby could have been laying it a different spot which can affect and also the amount of amnio fluid at the time can affect it.

Love

Ohhh awesume! Thankz ladies!

[email protected] me arguing with a midwife! I just told her off!

Yup, my bump was "very small" and so I was booked in for an urgent u/s ("nothing to worry about," the midwife said after she'd made the phone call sat next to me) - the baby was larger than average. The next midwife told me off for being too small, so I told her bump-measuring was daft and the scan showed everything was fine.

Don't worry about bump size - the less you grow now, the less work you have to do to get your nice flat tummy back!

kewlies~ I just don't want her to be small~ Wanna give her the best start possible
    Getting another u/s in Jan - so i'll see how big she is there

Here is a pic of me at 30weeks... Iza got a small but gorgous belly bump...
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...9wkprofile.jpg

Cass i wouldn't worry about the size of your bump and when they measure you. I am now measuring spot on for dates but last week it was 2wks ahead. Like Kathryn said it depends on which way the baby is and also how much fluid.
    I find also it depends on who does it as well as they all touch a different point.

As for size of the baby that i really wouldn't worry about both of mine was bron below 6lb and are healthy and this baby might not even make it 6lb's.

aaw that is such a cute belly !
    when i was having my son i always measured ahead by like 3 weeks . . . i was told to expect a big baby but everyone told me my bump looked "tiny" and told me my baby would be too small, i had a scan 3 weeks or so before lil guy was born and was told he would be well over 8lb when i was in labour a doctor measured my tummy and shook her head at me and sait "it is a verry small baby " he was 10 days late and weighed 7lb 3oz which is really pretty average maybe a little on the smaller side but i feel i was worried and prepared for a "giant baby" and then freaking out as i thought he would be teeny and he was just fine )

Cass, I was told by the midwife they just use this measurement as a rough guide and its common for it to be out by a couple of cm's, because it can change depending on the position baby is in at the time. They said if they can hear bubs heartbeat and you can feel movement then the fundal height being a couple cm's less than your number of weeks is no issue.

What a cute Belly picture too! I'm sure your bubba is just fine.

Thankz all for your replies!!! U've set my mind at ease!!! thankz