Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inspire Me Please...

Default Inspire Me Please...

My sister is have another baby, and I have started on a cross stitch for her. I barely have any time to work on it... I am going away for easter to my in-laws, and I am taking it away with me, in the hope that MIL can play with DS and I can sew... I made one for her DD and it hangs on her wall, and I really want this baby to have one too...

Looking for some encouragement and accountability here to try and get through it...

I only have until the start of August to get it done....

TIA!!!

Oh Ruf, I know what you mean!
    I'm doing a wedding record for my friend, she gets married in 3 weeks and I'm only 2/3rds of the way through!
    Are you driving up there at easter? We're going away at easter and DH drives, it's about a 3-4 hour drive so I'll be stitching in the passenger seat on the way there, can you do this?
    What about when DS goes to bed of an evening? I know it's probably the last thing you feel like doing but even just half an hour a night will get a good start on it.
    Hope this helps, good luck!

How did you get on with yours?
    I managed to get it started and am now inspired to keep going.
    I think you are right. Even half an hour at night a few nights week should keep it coming along. Will keep you posted with progress updates. I might pop a few pics up in my gallery so I can track progress too! xo

night after they are all in bed is the only time I get to do any cross stitch or as it maybe at the moment crochet....

You will get it done and it will look beautiful....

I have been doing a cross stitch now for about 4 years and it no where near been done lol I started it for DD1 and now I am hoping to finish it for DD2 ... Its a beautiful fariy ABC but been so big I have to do it on linen and over one not 2 threads so hurts the eyes heaps... and doing it at night not helping... but I am almost finish my nanna blanket so then I will have to pick it up again and do some more... I was hoping to have it done for her 3rd b'day but as thats in June I dont think thats going to happen any time soon....

So have you taken a photo yet I would love to see....

I was wondering who Everchanging was ... LOL ... Good thing for your green text!!!

I will take a piccie tonight... It is nothing fancy, just a really cool bright colored one. Your Fairy one sounds cool...

I made my niece a cute Winnie the Pooh one, and I have stared a pooh one for DS, but his is a long way from finished. I am thinking he might get it for he 21st at this rate!

And you are right, there is so much sewing to be done too.... I dont even want to think about how many projects I have on the go.... And I want to learn how to quilt too ... Better get mum to make me the ring sling I am thinking about too

I have done 3 birth records in the last 4 weeks 1 for my upcoming new addition and 2 for my business partner. I used to do them at work in between customers as I own and run a baby shop as I didnt think I would have the time at home with a 4yo.

Then I found I had a bit of time of an evening before and after my 4yo bedtime at 8pm, even if I only did it for an hour as I couldnt wait until they were finished to see what they looked like in the flesh.

I have a tractor birth record to do as soon as I get the Aida fabric for my 4yo so we will see how long that one takes as it has taken me 5 weeks just to get the Aida....hehe

I did birth samplers for my first 2 children and have yet to start the one I bought for my third... my problem is that where we live now doesn't really have a good spot to do it. Oh and I wouldn't do it in the car... the vibrations would drive you crazy and probably make you car sick!

Looking forward to the piccys!!! Might inspire me too!

My DH suggested I try and do some on the train to and from work (which is my reading time) but I just could not... Too dirty and too many people... And too bumpy. I need peace and quiet to concentrate... And a nice clean environment.

Michelle, you are definitely an inspiration... 3 in a month....I wish I could sew at work but I dont think my boss would like that too much ...

lol I think I might have to change my sig to have AKA Tali just so everyone know....

All this cross stitch talk makes me want to go do some....

I will dig it out and take a piccy of what I have done ( not done ) so far...

* walks away telling ones self to finish granny blanket first... *

Hey Ruf, glad to hear you got a start on it.
    I did some in the car on the way to and from our camping trip, got a fair bit done actually, probably only got a couple of hours work left in it and it's finished and I can start our wedding record, woohoo only 2 years late lol.
    Bath, it does take a lot of concentration to do in the car and i can't do it if the road's windy, but if i don't do it i feel like i'm wasting a good opportunity lol!

Ok.. HERE'S a photo of my middle son's birth sampler... had to erase the surname from the photo for privacy.... took me about 6 months to complete from memory. It's about 40cm x 25cm i think. Has a shocking camera flash glare (reflection) in this photo but you get the general idea.

Bath, It is lovely. I love the angels...

We seem to have misplaced the camera (left it at the inlaws on the weekend)... So I will take a shot as soon as I get it back...

Too cute Bath, I will have to take photo tomorrow of the ones I have made the winkies... plus the yet to be finished fairys...

missymiss Guest

How are you going with your cross stitch? I have so many unfinished cross stitches. I know how hard it is to keep at them!
    It's such a nice feeling when you give a gift that you've made. I went to a naming day yesterday for twin girls, and I made them each a little heart shaped pillow with their initial stitched on in ribbon. I sewed a little pocket on with "tooth fairy" painted on it. The pillows had a ribbon hanger on top.
    My point is that it felt so nice to give that gift, so I hope that you can find the time to get your cross stitch done. You'll be happy that you did.

Thank you Missymiss... I am coming along OK. I got a bit more done on the weekend. I am really trying to get in a bit each day. Your gifts sound lovely. And you are so right, it is nice to give a handmade gift if you are able. I am really enjoying finding the inner crafty rufalina...

I have a pic now, and will try to upload it tonight... xo

missymiss Guest

Oh good! What is the design?

Bath, that's gorgeous!
    Can't wait to see the pic Ruf.
    I finished the wedding record I did for my gf, she gets married Friday so just in the nic of time!
    Quite happy with it, I'll post a pic when I can find my camera too lol!

Ok... I finally got my photo uploaded... Here...
    It is progress to 17 April. There is another pic there of how it will look when it finished. It is the pic from the kit. Anyway, I have done a bit more since then, and found out it is a a boy I am making this for, so it is working out well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast