thread: Inspire Me Please...

missymiss Guest

Ruf, that's a really cute design. I like that it's quite modern. Hope you are feeling spurred on!

Jun 2007
    Melbourne, ready to meet peeps IRL

Rufalina that so cute and just right for a boy, I have faith in you that you will get it done in time...

BTW I have just started a thread so everyone can start showing off there handmade craft... that way it can be all in one place...

the link is Here

Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

That's so cute Ruf, you've done a great job so far! Keep it up!

Dec 2006
    Out of my mind. Back in five minutes...

Thanks, I am still stitching madly away... DH had a look last night and doesn't think I can get it finished in time... What a boost of confidence So I am even more determined to get through it!!!

missymiss Guest

Thanks, I am still stitching madly away... DH had a look last night and doesn't think I can get it finished in time... What a boost of confidence So I am even more determined to get through it!!!
    You'll get it finished.

Jun 2008
    in the eye of a toddler tornado

GO RUF!!! GO RUF!!!
    just a bit of cheerleading for you Ruf! I have been wanting to start some patchwork and I need a bit of a kick up the rear myself!

Jul 2005
    Rural NSW

Keep up the good work Ruf!

Also popped in to report that instead of coming into BB over the past 2 days I have been doing some cross stitching myself! I've tidied up all my materials baskets and storage cases which were a real mess... and i'm planning on buying a cabinet to store it all out in our main living area instead of it being stored too far out of range.

Looking forward to checking out your dedicated thread Tali I'll get to work and scan my other projects... I've done about 20+ cross stitch projects (some given away)... and have learn that it's better to scan them before framing... avoids the glare off the glass from the camera flash and other reflections.

Jun 2008

I'm going to spotlight to get some materials.... I wanted to start yesterday but I didn't know where to begin! Hopefully a potter around in spotlight will inspire me and I can get some basics....

Jul 2005
    Rural NSW

What kind of project are you hoping to work on Pix? Have you started a thread on it?

Jun 2008

Just some basic patchwork.... I found a book called the impatient patchworker with some simple ideas like notebook covers and lavender bags which I might try to start with. I don't have a machine so I have to start small!

Jul 2005
    Rural NSW

I've done a bit of patchwork... but used my machine.... have made 2 baby rugs. I also used fabric that I sourced from Op Shops. MUCH cheaper than buying precut squares. It's so easy to get sucked into buying those beautiful VIP and Liberty style prints from fabric stores... at $30 a meter even 10cm strips add up if you buy several patterns. Don't forget to buy interfacing... the lightest weight one would be good for your small projects... it's the stuff that you iron on to the back... it really helps it last.

Dec 2006

Oh... I want to do some patchworking, but after I finish my crossstitch I am learning to crochet... So many craft so little time... I wish I was a SAH mum

Pixie, we can enable each other next friday... and we can do a cheeky trip into spotlight after the walk. I really love the new store at lidcombe... Have you been there??

Bath - on getting stuck into your crafts too!! I am getting a horn cabinet when I find a good one on ebay, so I plan to have all my craft in there soon...

Jun 2008

Enable away Ruf! I didn't know there was a store at Lidcombe.... I went all the way to Bondi Junction cause the Birkenhead one is pretty horrible. But I was soooo tired after shopping yesterday I didn't have any energy to start! LOL

Dec 2006

Quick update... with a lot of stitching being done, I am about two thirds finished the frame... so that leaves the dog. I would estimate I am maybe about half way done... Baby is due 10 Sept, so I have to get my skates on... Will post an update pic tonight...

Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

Can't wait to see it Ruf, you've done so well to get all that done!

missymiss Guest

You'll get there!