Thread: Everyone's Got a Bottom - Children's book

Exclamation Everyone's Got a Bottom - Children's book

I was watching 9 am this morning in bed (Marc's home looking after me as I have nasty pasty allergies). And Kim was talking about a book she has about personal safety for kids. Here's some info:

Everyone's Got a Bottom

A happy story about children keeping safe for children 3-8 years.

We all have bodies and we all want to keep them safe. Everyone's got a bottom is a story about Ben and his brother and sister talking and learning together. Brightly illustrated and written in a style that is fun, positive and protective, this gorgeous book assists parents and caregivers to gently start a conversation with children about self protection.

Everyone's got a bottom is the result of a collaboration between Family Planning Queensland, the writer Tess Rowley, the illustrator Jodi Edwards, and experts from the early childhood and child protection sectors.

Author Tessa Rowley & Jodi Edwards
    Cost $16 (roughly)
    ISBN number 9780957912960
    Format large paperback
    Australian
    Subject areas Parenting, Professional Development and Training, Sexuality
    Audience All
    As child safety, and sexual education is a topic that often arises I thought I would share this with everyone. We will be purchasing this book as soon as possible. I think its a fantastic idea!

Cai...we got it from the library a few weeks ago. It is tops. It has lead to a few hilarious but heartening statements from Olivia:

"I am the only person allowed to touch my vagina, because it is MY vagina. But poor Charlie doesn't have a vagina, so he can touch his penis instead."

PMSL Lucy!!!! That is sooooo precious! Too beautiful!

Oh Lucy, ROFL, that is priceless!

I have heard great things about that book too but at the time Jack was too young. It's probably about time to get it now though.

OMG lucy PMSL!!

This morning I was asked by my nearly three year old if I have a doodle. I replied I did not. I was then asked why I don't have a doodle...because "Toby has a doodle. Daddy has a doodle" And apparently "Emmy has a doodle" as well. She's a bit confused and I think it's time we started talking about this whole topic anyway.
    Will definitely check out that book

LOL Flea - I am actually the only one in our family without a doodle!

Olivia tells me in great detail that "Perry has a penis too Mummy. He can lick it with his tongue. His penis has got fur on it." (Perry is our aged dog..............)

OMG PMSL Lucy. How funny is Olivia. She sure is observant.

Tehya also has a doodle apparently. She goes digging in her fanny and finds her clitoris, and calls that her doodle !! Oh the joys of little people.

Sounds like a great book to grab. I will have to keep an eye out for it.

OMG Lucy that is sooo funny.

I'll have to keep my eye out for the book.

paradise lost Guest

Yeah, our library carries this book too. It is top stuff

There's another one, possibly for children who have encountered abuse (either personally or in someone they know) called "What's wrong with bottoms?" which also cover appropriate touch but goes a bit deeper into it all with the focus on the child realising they are not to blame in any way.

Bx

I bought a copy of this on ebay yesterday. The woman I bought it from has a few more copies and it's a tiny bit cheaper than the FPAQ shop.
    I just did a search for everyone's got a bottom to find it. If anyone wants her user ID they can just PM me.

I bought this off the Huggies Bookclub website and its cool - funnily enough it hasn't led to many questions or discussion from the kids!

DH isn't too keen on it now. Yasin has taken to saying 'look Deedah, Bottom!!" every time they walk behind someone in short shorts or a short skirt lol.