Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marian Keyes

Default Marian Keyes

I love her!!! (Well actually I've never met her, but I love her writing!)
    I used to read a lot pre-baby, but lately have convinced myself that I don't have time (probably because am on BB all the time )
    While on holiday last week I discovered I was able to read while Natalie was sleeping and have gotten into 'Anybody Out There'. It is very good.
    SIL introduced me to her books and I've only read about four... Looking forward to reading all the others!
    Anyone else think she's tops?

Yep! I have "sushi" and I have another one from her but can't remember the name of it right now (had a few drinks! hehe) but yeah, she's good! She's quite popular...

I love her too, i have read all of her books and am waiting patiently for her to write some more. I also love Maggie Alderson, Chris Manby and Jane Green just to name a few, they all seem to write pretty similar books!

I have it on good authority, if you enjoy Marian Keyes you should also have a read of Monica McEnerny.

Yes I love Marian too! Anybody out there is brillant. Nothing better than some great chic lit to read.

I love "Watermelon" ... but "Rachel's Holiday" is pretty funny too

she is fantastic - I always buy one her books when I go on vacation - they're a good holiday read - love her

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    I have it on good authority, if you enjoy Marian Keyes you should also have a read of Monica McEnerny.
    Hmmm, have tried one of Monica's... didn't do it for me - perhaps I just got mediocre one
    Yes, I'm up for the chic lit. Has anyone read Anna Maxted? She's another of my faves.
    I haven't read Watermelon or Angels - I didn't realise they and Rachel's Holiday and Anybody Out There are all about the same family! I guess I've done it in the wrong order. Hope reading Rachel's and this one first doesn't spoil the others.

I love her books. Also love ones by Jane Green.

Quote Originally Posted by ali25 View Post
    I also love Maggie Alderson, Chris Manby and Jane Green just to name a few, they all seem to write pretty similar books!
    Oo, I haven't read any of theirs. Great, some more options for my next library trip - now I've gotten started again, there'll be no stopping me

Ok, well I just finished Lucy Sullivan is getting married and really enjoyed it!

Normally I don't read a lot of chick lit as I find it a bit fluffy and thin. And I thought the same for the first half of this book. Then she got into some of the meatier plot developments and she did a really good, insightful job of describing what was going on for Lucy, and I loved the ending! So I'll give her another chance or two.

Which one's the best, ie what should I read next????

Amelia Guest

Ohhhh I own all of her books and have read them 2 or 3 times each. My favourite is "Angels".

Marydean, I've only read a couple, but I can recommend Rachel's holiday.
    Also, if you want some more chick lit with 'substance' () try Anna Maxted Being Committed

Thanks ladies, for your recommendations. A lot of ppl have talked about Rachel's holiday so maybe that will be next!

I've read all her books and buy them as they come out!! I also love Maeve Binchey, infact I got into her first and then Marian followed!! they're quite similar! xo

I've got all Marian's books too - i love them. I read watermelon first when i was on holiday in Tenerife years ago - managed it in 2 days by the pool with people looking at me gone out as i was laughing hysterically one minute then bluvvling the next - how embarrassing! Also have all jane Greens as they're exellent too. Cathy Kelly's are OK too although perhaps abit fluffier. Only read MK and JG books now as i don't have time or energy - when i go to bed its to sleep whereas i used to spend hours reading.

I'm currently reading rachel's holiday. i've read a few but can't recall all the titles. quite enjoy them for a light hearted read.

Quote Originally Posted by webbmeg View Post
    I've read all her books and buy them as they come out!! I also love Maeve Binchey, infact I got into her first and then Marian followed!! they're quite similar! xo
    Me too! I love Monica McInerney and Cathy Kelly to.
    Last Chance Saloon is another MK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast