Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Amongst Active Birth, Up The Duff and What to Expect When You Are Expecting - lol...can't tell i'm pg huh!!! I'm reading Patricia Cornwell's Predator. Nearly finished and it's great! Love a good thriller.

I'm also a fan of Kathy Reich and love Nicci French. Used to like David Eddings but have gone off Fantasy for the time being. And my all time fave series is Clan of the Cave Bear by ????? sudden attack of pg brain....omg how can this name escape me? It's a brilliant series!

Clan of the cave bear is by Jean M Auel (I think!!!)
    I read the first few of those when I was a teenager, but havent caught up on the most recent ones she has brought out...

YES -Ambah - that's it!!!!!!!! I've read them all...and am waiting for her to finish the next one as there's supposed to be 7 and i think there's only 5 so far. Oh thankyou - it's been bugging me

secretgirl Guest

Default What are you reading?

Share the book that you are currently reading

Im reading Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren... I had just finished last february the book wrote by Robert Kiyosaki "RichDad Poor Dad"

I'm reading "2nd Chance" by James Patterson. I love crime/mystery novels, and the first one in the series, "1st to Die" was great so I thought I'd read the series (luckily for me, my ister owns them all )

I am about to begin reading the Bali Nine book!

Just had a flick through the latest Coles baby mag??!!!

Just finished Cecilia Ahern's latest offering 'A Place called Here'. Took me ages this time around.

Two books at once -

Kaz Cookes 'Up The Duff'
    and
    'Baby Love'

Both given to me from friends as Xmas presents

I've just started Magic Kingdom for Sale--Sold! by Terry Brooks
    Just finished the Sword of Shannara by the same Author.

Tanya

I've just finished reading Da Vinci Code & he one prior which is called Angels & Demons (both by Dan Brown). I'm hoping to get the next two for my birthday in a few weeks.

Tanya - I love the Shannara series!

As I've posted in another thread, I'm reading Anthony Kiedis' (Red Hot Chilli Peppers) Scar Tissue and I love it (and him, lol). He is very inspiring.

I'm also reading Think and Grow Rich, by Napoeon Hill, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Kiyosaki.

pebbles2820 Guest

Default Book reviews

Yes I know, who has time to read? I read in bed at night because my husband goes to bed at the same time as the kids and I can't usually fall asleep at that time. I thought it might be good to review books recently read so if anyone is thinking of reading a particular book or looking for a book to read this could help them.
    I'm going to start by reviewing Sylvia by Bryce Courtney, which I have just finished. It is the story of the Childrens Crusade set in the 1700's from the perspective of Sylvia, an educated orphaned peasant girl. As Bryce Courtney is a good story teller it is a readable book but unfortunately just doesn't satisfy. The character of Sylvia isn't believable, the story is quite pretentious and it doesn't round out in the end. He seems to be trying too hard with this one and his characters aren't fleshed out enough and the interpersonal relationships have no real connection or depth, I was quite dissappointed, to say the least. If you are a Courtney fan you will probably read it anyway but if not don't bother.
    I would love to read other peoples opinions on this and any other books recently read.

kerry Guest

Penny, I think you about summed up my feelings on Sylvia. I was so looking forward to it and then when I read it found it to be really hard work. I had to force myself to finish it off.

pebbles2820 Guest

I'm glad I'm not the only one, my FIL raved about it.

pebbles2820 Guest

Red face Next

Well people are reading if not posting so I'll continue with my reviews. Last night I finished reading Next by Michael Crichton. It's yet another comment on the ethics and morality involved in, or lacking from, genetic research. I, personnally, am facinated by this subject and he writes very knowledgably about it, being a doctor. On this level it was a very interesting book however his story is written very disjointedly, a bit like a jigsaw with too many pieces. He tries to incorporate too many story lines and characters with not enough cohesion and you feel quite let down by the ending. If you are looking for a good story, this is not the book for you, but if you enjoy Michael Crichtons views on scientific research then give it a read.
    Thanks for reading and I'd really like to hear others views.

pebbles2820 Guest

Default Into a dark realm

written by Raymond Feist, this is the next installment in his on going story of a world called Midkemia. If you are a fantasy lover and have never read any of his books I advise you rush out and get a copy of The Magician asap. Raymond Feist is probably my favourite author and Into a dark realm does not dissappoint. The story continues with well loved characters travelling to another realm to save their own and the introduction of some new a interesting ones, both friend and foe. Magic and Mayhem with romance and adventure, these books have it all.

I just finished reading Dry by Augusten Burroughs & really loved it I enjoyed Running with Scissors & so I decided to get this one as well & I must say it was just as good. This one is when he's an adult & trying to rehabilitate himself from alcohol. Very well worth the read, but I think you need to have read the first memoir to understand some parts of this one.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast