Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

pebbles2820 Guest

Default Dead Fishy

I finished reading this book by Derek Hansen yesterday. It's a compilation of short stories with a fishing theme. I know it sounds a bit odd but they are all really good, they're all actually about love, murder, revenge a bit of horror, mystery and intrigue, they just happen to all involve fishing.
    Still haven't bought my copy of the new HP yet.

i just finished 'THE SUNDAY SMUGGLER' by christohper parnell..
    its a true story about an innocent aussie man jailed for over 11 years in an indonesia prison!! very good book!! love reading about true stories!!

I'm reading "Priestess of the White" age of the five:book 1 by Trudi Canavan. It's a bit weird but a book has to be really really bad for me not to finish it.

Just finished Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - reaaaally good! Well if you like the Harry Potter books anyway!

Waiting for my sister to bring over her copy of the new Harry Potter for me tonight...

In the meantime I have started 'The Story of Tibet - Conversations with the Dalai Lama' by Thomas Laird.

And also have started 'Norwegian Wood' by Haruki Murakami (my sister RAVES about this author).

Will update when I am a decent way through them...
    Last edited by Ambah; July 25th, 2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: fixing spelling

I'm reading Burned Alive. True story....not the most sweetest of books, and it makes me realise just how lucky i am to have my husband.

pebbles2820 Guest

Default The sixth Lamentation

Finished reading this book by William Broderick a few days ago. It's yet another story about the persacution(my spelling sux) of the Jews by the Nazis during the second world war. A bit different to normal as it's the knitting together of the same story seen through different characters eyes to bring about the true story in the end. Quite good, would recommend it to those into that sort of thing. Now I'm reading Harry Potter, Yay finally.

I just read "The Memory Keepers Daughter" on the weekend, great book.

I'm reading Saturday's newspaper

Well I have finished Norweigan Wood, Sputnik Sweetheart, and The Wind Up Bird Chronicle- by Haruki Murakami all in the last fornight... He writes really, really interesting books... for those that like non-mainstream literature

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Its very interesting what you are all reading! I'm just reading BB atm no time for anything else lol but I should get back into it.

If anyone wants an idea of what to read next, grab The Red Tent
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

The Red Tent is one of my all time favourite novels. It is so WOMAN!
    A woman after my own heart Kelly...

Our book club is reading "the devil wears prada". Not my type of book. It's a bit (for me) like eating pumpkin when I was 5 (that is really hard!)

LMAO @ Cherie.

Default if u r suffering from missing HP.....

a fantastic trilogy of books in a similar vein of Harry Potter (but darker and - dare i say it- better I think) is His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman. he is a childrens/young adults writer but it is very sophisticated and only gets better as the books progress. whole new worlds open up.

First: Northern Lights
    Second: The Subtle Knife
    Third:The Amber Spyglass
    Forth: his yet unpublished Prequel

If you have been to see the HP movie you may have seen a short for a big movie to come out around Christmas, called the Golden Compass which I think is the three books in one.

Everyone I have passed these books onto love them...!

what is your daemon???? (you will understand if you have read it)

dusty

lol flowerchild - have to agree, I tried to read devil a while back and didn't make it past the first few chapters...this is one instance where I preferred to just see the movie!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I'm a crime fiction fan so I just started Robert Montanari's The Skin Gods.

I'm up to "Soul of the Fire", book 5 in the Sword of Truth series by Terry
    Goodkind. Its fantasy. Its the nth time I've read it, but only coz when I get up to a certain book, the library doesn't have it,or my friend who has the same books doesn't have his atm, or I'm just sick of reading!

pebbles2820 Guest

Default The Abduction Conspiracy

I just finished reading this book because it was by Jonathon Frakes(star trek next gen)and thought it would be good for a laugh. It was a much darker view of our first contact with aliens than Gene Roddenberry's. Turned out to be a much better read than I was expecting, do figure!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast