Thread: Another Best Dinner Ever ;) mexican spanish

Default Another Best Dinner Ever ;) mexican spanish

Tonight we decided to go with a mexican/spanish theme LOL!

We had chili con carne, spanish rice, guacamole, sour cream, corn bread and corona's LOL! And for dessert we're having custard tart

Chili con carne was cheats version, but the corn bread was from scratch and the spanish rice was awesome (I just put a taco mix and tin of tomatoes in with some rice and cooked it as usual). Marc had missed my guacamole so he was a very very happy boy There's plenty of lunches left over and I even made up some for the kids (minus chili seasoning, and mild salsa instead)...

I am so full I couldn't even finish what was on my plate...

Now off to finish my Corona *ahhhhhhhhh* then try and find some room for dessert...

*hugs*
    Cailin

Yum!

Chili con carne was cheats version
    Old El Paso? Or what?

Yeah one of those mix ones, continental I think... I have a from scratch recipe but couldn't be stuffed lol! When its finished cooking I put cheese overtop in the pan and put the lid back on for 5 mins so it melts then serve...

ETA: I was going to post the cornbread recipe....

From The Cornbread Book by Jeremy Jackson, 2003

1 cup plain flour
    1-cup polenta
    5 tablespoons sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2-teaspoon salt
    1-cup milk
    1/3-cup canola oil
    1 large egg, slightly beaten

Preheat oven to 200 C. Lightly grease 20cm square pan.

Sift dry ingredients into mixing bowl. Form a well in the mixture and add the milk, oil, and egg. Stir just until everything is combined there should still be scattered clumps of flour, about the size of baby peas or BBs.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 24 to 30 minutes, until the cornbread is starting to brown slightly (especially at the edges) and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
    *hugs*
    Cailin
    Last edited by Rouge; January 28th, 2007 at 07:11 PM.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oooooh sounds yummy, lucky devil, I should go to trouble more often me thinks.

mmmmmm Cailin - that dinner sounds superb!!! Wishing i could enjoy a Corona myself now