Thread: Christmas Brunch Ideas!...

Talking Christmas Brunch Ideas!...

Ok... thinking hats on for the worlds most terrible cook!

We have brunch with my family on Christmas Day because we are sick of having too much food and then doing it all over again with the IL's for dinner! So the last few years we have done brunch! Last year it was pancakes, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms etc... but I would love to do something a bit fancier but still easy!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated by my family!!

What about croissants with cheese and ham, toast them in the oven. French toast with berries or syrup. Omelettes ?? Will think some more later for you.

Smoked salmon, cream cheese & fresh dill on slabs of crusty french bread...fresh fruit platter with a sweet mascapone dip (cream mascapone together with some lemon juice, rind and sugar), and little mini muffins.

its simple, but i love putting some mozzerella on top of tomato halves and roassting them mmm....

bill grainger has a recipe for chocolate and banana loaf... it's devine and great for a sweet brunch item! (just found the recipe when I googled it on ABC website if you need it)

I got this idea from another BB member, but what about croissants filled with toblerone and baked in the oven, you get choc filled croissants (they are yummy I assure you!).

Coconut Bread (another bill granger recipe).

Eggs Benedict with smoked Salmon & Salmon roe (we do this quite often its Paris' fave!)

Eggs Benedict the easy way.....

Line muffin tins with thin slices of ham (bottom & sides), crack an egg into each tin on top of the ham. Place in the oven until eggs are cooked. Serve on toasted muffins with Hollandaise sauce.

Or Ham & Cheese crossionts in the oven are a fav & easy too. Fresh fruit platter is always a winner. Or french toast made with Raisin Bread, yum, yum.

We're doing brunch this year too, so I'll be watching this thread.

How about Bircher muesli - soak muesli in apple juice overnight, mix in yogurt & grated apple in the morning - Yum.

The Women's weekly BBQ cookbook has brunch recipes - I've put a request in for a roulade from Mum. Fruit salad (marinate with liqueur if only for adults ) Pancakes, waffles, potato or corn fritters

Also, we're probably going to indulge that yummy yogurt you get at fruit shops - expensive compared to supermarket brands, but sooo good.

I second the bill Granger coconut bread!

Waffles?

OMG you guys are awesome!!! Cai those croissants sound amazing!!! and Erin I love the easy eggs benedict!! Mmmmmmmm I might have to make one of everything and have a buffet!!

I love buffet breakfast!! Maybe we'll all come to you Tan!

We are doing brunch again this year! Great ideas here - in my head I thought oh we did brunch a few years ago - ummmm 2007!

Default Christmas Brunch Ideas!...

Mini breakfast quiches. Super easy and if they don't all get eaten you can have them later...

Grab a muffin tray and place pastry in each muffin hole. Mix eggs, ham, chives, and milk then divide amongst the holes.