Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ****tail Recipes

Default ****tail Recipes

Ok seeing as I am sure some of you did some drinking last night...I thought we could start a ****tail thread and share some of our faves.

Two of my faves are

The Polly Bar's "The Mistress" - Polly is a ****tail bar in brunswick...if you love ****tails you will LOVE this place...and when I have been there this is my drink of choice, and I have mastered the recipe too

Use a nice glass, like a martini or ****tail glass. Coat the rim with castor sugar...to do this I normally have a saucer with castor sugar in it, rim the glass with one of the liquers I normally use the strawberry schnapps (just dip your finger and run it around the edge) then turn the glass upside down and dip it in the castor sugar. You can also use a damp teatowel or sponge (new/clean) but I prefer the liquer. Or you can use fruit too.

After you have sugar coated the glass fill the glass with some ice (as much or as little as you would like)...then...add...

1 shot Vodka
    1 shot Strawberry Schnapps
    1 shot Lychee Liquer
    And fill the glass with Champers

YUM!

Second Favourite would be...

Cosmopolitans (this recipe is for the real thing, so it is quite strong)

Using a shaker ...

4 shots of vodka
    2 shots of cointreau
    2 shots of cranberry juice
    1 shot of lime juice

Add some ice after all the ingredients, shake and pour....into a martini glass of course If you wish to sugar coat the glass, run a wedge of lime around the edge of the glass and then dip in castor sugar.

Enjoy!!!!!

*hugs*
    Cailin

A couple of my faves from the top of the head

**** Sucking Cowboy
    3 doses of Butterscotch Schnapps
    1 dose of Irish Cream

Serve in a shot glass

Prepare in Glass

How to prepare:
    Three quarters of a shot glass filled with Butterscotch Schnapps. Using a spoon to assist with the topping up of Bailey's Irish Cream.

My SIL can't wait till I have the baby so I can go around to down a few of them at her place

There is also one that I thought sounded absoultly horrid ie what was put into it but wasn't too bad. It was called an "Andy" and was Kahula and Coke but I can't remember how many parts of each it was.

Love

Sounds like a black russian minus the vodka

Marc's fave is CSCB's too but he usually has it in a glass not a shotglass LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I have to say this is my fav. We found it in an old ****tail book one afternoon at my sister's while trying out every new recipie we could find ( I used to drink a lot there) Anyway, here goes:

Golden Dragon
    30ml Grand Marnier
    15ml Galliano
    90ml pineapple juice

mix and drink. Of course, you can always use more, just stick to those proportions.

I used to make this Iced Coffee for my Mum in Summer when Dad was out. She said it helped her to sleep! Cadbury's liquer works really well instead of Baileys, but you can use almost any liquer in this. I'm sure we all know what goes well with coffee!
    Baileys Iced Coffee
    2tsps French Style Jarrah coffee powder 15ml hot water
    15ml Baileys
    130ml milk
    Ice cream

Add coffee to water. Stir until dissolved. Add Baileys, milk and stir.
    Add ice cream just before serving.

J's_mummy Guest

I'll add one of my favourites.

Midori Splice

30ml Midori
    30ml Malibu
    Top with Pineapple Juice

Float cream on the top.

YUMMO

Orkids Guest

You people are bad influences!! Cailin 'The Mistress' sounds fantastic. Will give it a try one day!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast