Thread: Darn it - crying over spilt milk!

Default Darn it - crying over spilt milk!

Well, not really.. hehe.

But as I opened up the boot of the car after shopping, 5 litres of milk fell out!! ARgh! I hate that our driveway is on a slope

The 3ltr split at the handle, so I rinsed out another bottle out of the recycling and put the remainder of the milk in that. Will that be ok do you think??

The 2ltr survived, but has a dented in top, so will be impossible to pour, but I'll deal with that when we get up to that bottle.

Argh.. so frustrating. Will the milk put in the other bottle be ok??

Argh what a pain Liz!

I reckon the milk will be alright. It's not like you scooped it from a mud puddle or anything, you just transferred it from one bottle to another.

As long as you cleaned the other bottle out properly it'll be fine

Yeah I think I did, just feels yuck digging it out of the recycling lol. Think I'll be sniffing the milk for the next week!

Just when I thought I was rather clever going shopping on my own with both kids.. that had to happen. heh. Aah well.

Have you got aybe a cordial bottle instead?
    I'd be a bit iffy about using a milk bottle... then again i guess the cordial bottle might make it taste weird!

Aah well, it's in the milk bottle now. Would have been easier if it'd just smashed and all been wasted. heh. I chose the milk bottle that was from a couple of days ago, and it was still in our rubbish cupboard next to the bin waiting to go out to the recycle bin and I washed and rinsed it.

A properly washed milk bottle is a much better option than a juice or cordial bottle. You can get some real nasties happening from mixing old juice and milk! It'll be fine!