Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Egg leftovers

Default Easter Egg leftovers

Sooo.... do you have any cool recipes to share with what to do with your left over eggs? Anyone do a fudge, or a fondue? How about easter egg biscuits??? I'm looking because we've already been given 3 eggs and I was trying to figure out what else we could do with them. (I'm still off dairy so I can't eat them.... bummer.... DH did buy me a 70% cocoa one though so I can pretend)

Oh Christy

I dont eat any dairy apart from chocolate. Its the only thing that doesnt make me sick thank goodness!

Left overs? Sorry I can't be of any help because I have never had any. Maybe crush them and sprinke on ice cream.

oh yeah! Buy a big tub of plain icecream-- let it melt a bit and stir all the bits in-- then freeze!

we never have leftovers

Since I was little we'd each eat one or two of our eggs, but the rest would getbroken up into btits an go in a bowl on the kitchen table for all and sundry to share.

What leftovers?

I posted this one the other day - Easter Egg Caramel Slice. Very yummy

We ALWAYS have leftovers... in fact we have some from last year We end up throwing out most of our easter chocolate... so this year I might try and bake with it!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Leftovers ?????
    DH sometimes has leftovers as he's not much of a chocoholic ... but if he leaves them too long I consider them up for grabs

Why don't you take them down to your local shelter or soup kitchen? (from an ardent believer in re-gifting)!

ah Marydean we already bought a bunch for the emergency workers in our community. Every year we go around & hand them out to ambo's and police who are working on Easter Sunday.... but not a bad idea My birthday is the next week so maybe I'll make my own Easter Egg Caramel Slice yum!!!

I had another thought..... With big eggs in the past I've made chocolate sauce for ice cream & also used them to make the topping for Aaron's birthday cake in May!

We never have leftovers (cos I'm such a chocoholic!) but last year my Mum used hers to make chocolate sauce for ice cream and waffles! She put in crushed honeycomb too, it was yummo!

my2boyz Guest

No leftovers here either!!!!

There are NEVER any left overs here unless they are the cheap and nasty kind and even they wouldn't be worthy of a recipe.

cailin...can i please come over????

Leftovers? ROFL
    You could leave them outside your street and then sit inside and watch to see what people grab them for some fun. Adults lurking to see if they are TV or kids really excited about easter bunny!

heheheh - i'm with cailin - i had to throw out the few easter eggs that ended up in the fridge here cos they were out of date!! i'm allergic to one of the preservatives in easter eggs (well, i was when i was a kid) - so very rarely have easter egg choccies in the house. Easter Bunny is really good to me - he buys REAL blocks of chocolate and other little presents.... i'm guessing by the time we come home from mum's place from friday lunch, there will be about half a dozen decent sized blocks of chocolate going into the fridge..... and that will be our supply for the next 6 months or so!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast