Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easter Egg leftovers

I'm going to Cailins. Definitely. After I visit Tracey at work...

LOL you guys are a cack! I have more chocolate in this house than I know how to eat... the other day I cleaned out my chocolate and found a stash of orange lindt in a 3 pack that was nearly a year past its due date... it went in the bin... I'm an absolute shocker. If its in the house I don't want it its not until its *not* in the house that I want it LOL

*hugs*
    Cailin

Divvy, I'll pick you up on the way!!

left overs?????
    You could break and sprinkle on ice cream, or make a choc cake and crumble them, and use them to decorate the cake.
    Or, depending on size - and sweet tooth factor - you could break them in half, and put some marshmellows and stuff in side, sorta like rocky road. - drizzle with choc. And then wrap in celephane - can give away to all the choc lovers on BB.

One thing we do is melt down excess chocolate in milk, over the stove, and have hot chocolate max brenner style Goes down a treat... its one of my favourite late night sins!

*hugs*
    Cailin

max brenner ............ drooool my friends took me and dh to a max brenner rest in sydney last year. OMG - unbelievable

*bump*

Anyone?

Crush and use in place of choc chip cookies, muffins, use in place of lindt chocolate in the waffle pudding I bumped yesterday, use inside croissants for choc croissants. Crush and store in air tight container to use for decorating cakes/cupcakes etc.

Will think of more...

I'm thinking of just searching through the recipes forum for anything chocolatey! It's cold & yuck here today so we're having a cooking day to warm the house up LOL.

you can send any left overs to me!

The only thing to remember is Easter chocolate (depending on the brand) can sometimes be sweeter (so I have found) than other chocolates, so be sure that the recipe suits iykwim?

I just crush them all up and put them in a jar and use the bits as choc chips or melt it and use it in any recipes that call for chocolate! We always have stacks of leftovers. It works to melt it and use it on top of slices or as a grenache icing, too.

We ended up making Lucy's brownies from another thread, it was supposed to be dark choc but we did it with themilk choc eggs & it's soooo yummy. I imagine though they'd be better with dark choc though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12