Thread: Eggplant??????

Default Eggplant??????

I am craving eggplant on my pizza that I am going to make tonight, and I am wondering what is the best way to prepare it???

do I wash it and then oil it a little then salt it a little and grill/roast it for a while then put it on my pizza or do I just pop it on there???

I have never in my life brought an eggplant let alone prepared one but in the area we use to live the pizza shop put it on my pizza and I just loved it so I am really REALLY wanting it atm.

Thanks for any help its appreciated

Hey Amy

Mmmm...eggplant!

I generally cut into into thin-ish slices...coat (generously) with olive oil and salt and then grill on the bbq...

When it's 3/4 cooked (just starting to go a bit soft and mushy), put it on the pizza with the rest of the toppings...

For eggplant to taste really good, I think it needs good amounts of oil and salt!

Enjoy!

Ahhh great thankyou,

Yeah I was unsure of how much to put on it as I have heard so many things but I agree with you, the pizza in question here LOL I remember the eggplant being quite oily but it was so yummy hence the reason I want it so much,

do you think I would be able to get a similar effect in a really hot oven on a baking tray as I dont have access to a BBQ atm?

What about a grill? I sometimes grill my vegies b4 putting them intoa pasta sauce (eggplant included)

Tanya

Oh yeah thats a good idea we have one of those, yeah I will do that, thanks Tanya

ooopppssss I waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy way wayyyyyyy over salted it and it was just to gross to think about putting on my masterpeice pizza for tea tonight LOL so luckily I had only done half of the eggplant as I didnt realise how much it shrunk down so I chucked the salty batch and have put the rest on and its tasting yummy.

Thanks for your tips gals I have got the grill out and they are raring to go

my tummy is rumbling.