Thread: Homemade Garlic Yoghurt

Default Homemade Garlic Yoghurt

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone have a good receipe for garlic yoghurt? DH loves those taste of the world Greek Kebab/Souvlaki kits but we can't get them at the moment so are getting the individual ingredients - except we can't get the mix for the garlic yoghurt. So if anyone can recommend a good garlic yoghurt or how to make one I would really appreciate it. Preferably not too complex though as DH has to be able to make it

MG

I just crush a clove of garlic garlic and stir it through natural yoghurt. If it needs it I put a bit of salt in. A tiny bit of mint (shredded or from a tube) is nice in it.

To make the cucumber yoghurt I just chop up cucumber really fine (the lebanese one or the long one because they have no seeds) stir it through the yoghurt and then add some oregano (from the tube) and sometimes a tiny bit of mint.

ooooooooo! That sounds easy enough! Thanks Dach!

Hi MG,

Mine would probably be similar to Dach's....

130g (1/2 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
    1 tbs finely chopped fresh mint
    2 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
    2 tsp olive oil
    1 - 2 garlic cloves, crushed

Just mix it together.....hhmmm ... now you've got me thinking i might have souvlaki's for tea...

Tee hee Shan - that's what I'm thinking! Except I promised DH curried sausages tonight.... but TOMORROW night....

Yeah, I realised that i promised my DH Chicken Risotto, so i'll have to think about it for tomorrow night too, although that's Take Away night and DH would hate to miss out on that, so maybe over the weekend...xxxx

After reading this yesterday, I have had the biggest cravings for this!!!
    So, we're having it for dinner tonight.
    Just one question MG, what herbs do you use on your lamb? From memory, there was a sachet of herbs in the packet ones.
    I would prefer to get the ingredience together and make it from scratch as my DH and DS eat so many of the packet ones as they're not real big... at least I can make decent sized ones this way.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier Lisa! When we can't get the packs we can usually still find the sachet of the herbs that you put on the meat. But I imagine it would be rosemary, thyme and I have no idea what else!!!! I'll take a look at the box and let you know what it lists.... Hmmmm that didn't help! It just lists herbs, salt and garlic along with a bunch of other unhelpful info! Sorry I can't be of more help on that one.

About the size of the wraps, if you buy the individual ingredients, you can actually chose the size of your pita bread/tortillias. There are a couple of different sizes available in coles and we have used the el paso ones on several ocassions. They are often bigger and then they can just put more into them!

MG

Lol... thats ok MG... thanks for your reply.
    While visiting my Mum, we decided to have something to eat there, so now none of us feel like dinner!!! lol. So we're having it tomorrow night instead. I used Italian Herbs on my lamb and bought the el paso tortillas to use.