Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you like your crumpets?

Default How do you like your crumpets?

I love them smothered in butter and honey, so it all melts and leaks through the crumpet, and then when I eat it, it drips all over my plate and fingers.....mmmmmmmmmmmm *drool*

I also have peanut butter sometimes, or jam, but honeys my favourite! How do you like YOUR crumpets?

Yummo!! Same with the butter but I love a light smear if vegemite mmmmmm

Butter butter butter with either vegemite or honey or sometimes both (cos lets face it, you can't really stop after just one crumpet)?!!!

lots of butter and lots of honey....mmmm.

Yeah Marydean, I hear ya - I had 4 this morning But, in my defence, it's breakfast AND lunch, and I won't be eating again til dinner *insert other random excuse here*

Yep, I'm a loads of butter andhoney lover too, and sometimes vegemite, though honey is my fave. I also sometimes get a bit adventurous and have them with lots of butter and...baked beans! It's really yum, but you have to let the sauce from the baked beans soak in a little bit, the second one is always yummier than the first! I had this the other week and DS ate most of it! He loved it, lol!

yup.... loads of butter (REAL butter) and honey here too I've had them with butter, and grilled with ham & cheese too. Which is quite nice.. but for a late night snack or brekky... can't beat butter & honey

OMG - why ruin the crumpet with anything but butter? I couldn't bring myself to add anything more to the crumpet! ;-)

And I like the top a bit brown too, so toasted for a while!

I like to have the bottom crispy. I hate soggy bum crumpets LOL. So once it is cooked it is then topped with butter and vegemite. I then proceed to eat all the crumpet top first then fold up the bottom and eat that

Oh I agree... Bottom has to be nicely toasted, and the top still a bit soft. Then heaps of butter and honey all the way. I like it so that it drips out the bottom when you eat it....

*Trots off to add crumpets to the shopping list*

Crispy with loads of butter! And either vegemite or peanut butter.

I find them too much to eat more than one. But then, we buy the splits cos they're bigger than the rounds! I'd love to know how to make them, they look like square pankcakes that haven't been flipped!

I LOVE them with loads of butter and honey too and peanut better also! I usually have 2 with honey and one peanut butter. Lord I want a crumpet now!!! they were on special the other day for 99cents a packet YAY! I got 3 packets but they didn't last long I even find they are totally ok to go in the freezor so next time I see them at that price I'm going to stock up!

Crispy and lots of butter... and wait for it... fresh tomato and salt & pepper. Tastes almost like pan fried gnocchi with fresh tomato and butter. Soooo good. (if you've got some fresh basil leaves chuck them on top too)

I also like it with butter, cream cheese & honey. Noms.

butter, vegemite and soft-yolked boiled egg with the yolk running all through the crumpet

pate spread over it

a soft cheese spread all over it and microwaved for 5 seconds to soften the cheese even more

and the most vomit worthy way of doing it (not mine I might add) is kippers, I am NOT in the house when this is done in the morning, I am never in the house when the kippers come out

*drools* I want crumpets now lol

I have then with peanut butter and honey (on the same one), jam or vegemite. They're all about equal favourites but usually I end up with peanut butter and honey for some reason...
    I agree that they need to be well cooked too. Nothing worse than a half cooked crumpet.

I must be the only one that puts golden syrup on them

it's weird, I used to hate them, but don't mind them too much now. I like them all toasty though

I put golden syrup on them when there is golden syrup in the house, but right now there is a certain person frequently in my house that eats my golden syrup by the spoonful straight from the can, so I've stopped buying it for now.

As for the cooking, you can get crumpet toasters that do them to perfection, a girlfriend has one.

Lots of butter and lots of vegemite. YUM!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast