Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Margarine! *eeek*

Nuttalex here. i have recently found out i am lactose intolerant, as is Em. I love butter but unfortunatley it makes me sick.

Just to further add to the debate, type 2 diabetes did not exist until the 1920s, around the same time as margarine was invented. All the crap we put into our systems these days is why we are such an unhealthy bunch of people!

It wasnt until we started processing food and preserving it that diseases like type 2 Diabetes began to crop up, evolution's way of telling us that our diegestive tracts are not designed to metabolise them.

Good point! I wish I could eat more simply... just plain real food, unfortunately it's a compromise everyday with my DH.... he eats fairly well but he was brought up on more highly processed foods than I was... I could easily avoid them totally... but he would ark up He insists on doing the grocery shopping more and more often I think so that he can buy his favourites like Sarah Lee desserts and sweet biscuits. If I wasn't so tired with my health condition I'd put a stop to it... but life's one huge compromise when you have a partner/family. At least he prefers real bread (the stuff that only stays fresh for one day) and not the rubbish that poses for bread in the supermarkets these days.

relevant for another thread...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234