Thread: Need tips on how to 'jaz' up veges??!

Default Need tips on how to 'jaz' up veges??!

Hey guys

We have been so boring in our house will meals lately, so I was trying to think of a simple way to make things a little more interesting....starting with the veges! So does anyone have any tasty tips that they use to make veges more interesting?..you know rather then boiling, steaming.....etc.....I'm afraid I'm lacking a lot of inspiration, can anyone help me??!!

My fav things with vegies is to make a white and cheese sauce, steam vegies in the mircowave, get a bbq chook and break it up. Mix the sauces, chicken and vegies in a big dish, sprinkle with cheese and put in the over to brown the cheese....very delish and a great easy meal!

How about a quick stirfry of the vegies with a splash of soy sauce and sweet chili sauce?

Mum cooks frozen Broccoli in a bit of margarine in a saucepan. I love to make a cheese sauce to go with the veggies, tastes great with carrots, and cauliflower.

i was going to suggest veges in a cream/white sauce too.

roasted or grilled veges make a nice change

the other thing i often do is chop them up really small and put them in meatloaf, lasagne and those kind of things - still getting the veges but don't necesarily realise

stirfried - even with a bottle of stirfry sauce (just doing the veges and leaving the meat plain)

bake veges and sprinkle some cheese over the top and let it melt over

How about vegies raw ... (blance the brocolli and cauliflower for 2 minutes)

Cut in bite size protions and make some creamcheese (naugty-naugty) dip. I love that with some cold meats and pasta salad. And no, it's not just for summer. Roast leg-o-lam goes great with it too.

Butter sauteed sugar snap peas and carrots, with salt and pepper are yummy and only need a few minutes pan fried.
    Mashed tato with butter, soour cream and bacon!
    Baked potatoes - sour cream, bacon, chives, coleslaw
    Tomatoes cut into half or thirds - stacked. Fill with feta cheese and pesto mixed together and baked for about 10 mins - topped with parmesan..mmmmmm I miss my feta when pg.
    Slices - like zucchini and carrot slice.
    Mmm can't think of any more right now - back later!

Sprinkle with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar add some salt and pop them in the oven. Soooo yummy

*Carrots with honey and sesame seeds, I also add broccolini, zucchini and asparagus, yummo! (Stir fried)
    *Baby beans (fresh not frozen) steamed with a tiny sprinkle of bicarb soda and some butter
    *Creamed potatoes- potatoes sliced up placed in a baking dish, layered with sliced onions about 1/2 cup of stock )chicken or vege) and a tub of cream. You can put grated cheese on top if you like. I often use half skim milk and half lite cream (no stock) to lessen the fat instead of a tub of whole cream. But whole cream is yummier! Bake on high until potatoes are cooked.
    *Mushrooms with butter- quatered mushies with a dollop of butter and a little oil.
    *Vege frittata/omlette- frittata/ommlette mix layered with you favourite veges. I love mushroom, asparagus and tomato omlette sometimes with cheese on top. And pumpkin, sweet potato and potato frittata (I have a recipe if you want it).

Enjoy, HTH!!

There is a sensational Veg lasagne recipe in here somewhere - posted by RayRay.

aw thanks lulu
    its here

I have cooked my veggies in water and added a packet of Chicken noodle soup - give the veggies a whole new taste!