Thread: quiche??!!!

Talking quiche??!!!

I have all of a sudden become addicted to quiche!!!
    I was wondering if anyone would be happy to share their recipe's and secrets to make an awesome quiche!!!
    TIA!

Hey i love quiche and mum taught me how to make it.... pick the ingredients you like eg bacon, cheese, tomato, mushrooms etc... place all your ingredients on the base of your pastry i usually buy the short crust pastry from the supermarket it actually say on it suitable for quiche thats the thing i hate most is making the pastry so its easier to buy it and place it in your dish the ingredients next the in a seperate mixing bowl i put 1 whole 600 ml thickened cream and about 4-5 eggs stir and pour into your oven dish with ingredients fill to the top not to high or it will overflow then i cook on 120 degrees for about an hour or just over. you may have left over cream/egg mixture so you may be able to make some more... also salt and pepper if you like to taste...
    Last edited by TwinsMummy; April 20th, 2009 at 02:54 PM.

for some reason I have a quiche thing this week too. I am hanging out to make mine!!

One time I made an awesome quiche that I've never been able to replicate. I think the secret was putting lots of cream and ricotta cheese in....yum....

I will find my quiche recipe and post it when I get a chance.

The Taste website has some good options for quiche. I make the Impossible Quiche option which has flour, milk and eggs and whatever meat / veg you want to add but no pastry. So kind of like a fritatta.

SugarDust Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle71 View Post
    The Taste website has some good options for quiche. I make the Impossible Quiche option which has flour, milk and eggs and whatever meat / veg you want to add but no pastry. So kind of like a fritatta.

I like the idea of a pastry less quiche!

I normally buy a savory flan from the frezzer department mix spinach, ricotta and fetta together aswell as some eggs and wack it all together thek cook for about 30mins

I love quiche but I can't have cream - and its so hard finding a recipe for one that doesn't have cream as an ingredient!!! argghhh

Hi ladies

I use the folllowing easy crustless quiche recipe and just change the ingredients for variety (add chorizo, mushrooms, capsicum etc). DH loves it and we have it almost every week. Nice and easy and very cheap to make (and no hassling with blind-baking the pastry) :

1 small onion, chopped
    3-4 rashers bacon
    4-5 eggs (I sometimes use 6 if I want to make a big 'un)
    chopped parsley
    grated cheese
    1/4 cup plain flour
    1 tablespoon butter
    2 cups milk (if I have cream around I sometimes substitute 1 cup of the milk with cream)
    salt and pepper to taste

Fry onion and bacon; melt butter and mix with flour

Add milk, beaten eggs, parsley, cheese, fried onion and bacon; s&p.

Pour into quiche or pie dish.

Bake 180C (350F) for 40 mins.

Stand for 10 mins before serving.

Serve with boiled baby potatoes and a salad

We loooove this one, got it from BB a few years ago & we make it quite often. We modify the original recipe each time now & add in bacon, salami or diced chicken plus whatever vegies we have on hand. It's soooo yummy

Pasta and Herb Quiche
    Recipe can be made the day ahead

200g spaghetti
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 medium onion chopped
    1 clove garlic crushed
    1 medium zucchini grated
    1 medium carrot grated
    5 eggs, lightly beaten
    1 cup grated cheddar cheese
    1/2 teas dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    410g can of tomatoes drained, crushed

Lightly oil 23cm pie dish.
    Break spaghetti into 10cm pieces, add to large pan of boiling water, boil, uncovered until just tender; drain.
    Heat oil in large pan, add onion, garlic, zucchini and carrot, cook, stirring, until liquid has evaporated.
    Combine spaghetti, vege mix, eggs, cheese, herbs and tomatoes in a large bowl.
    Spoon mixture into pie dish.
    Bake uncovered in moderate oven for about 45minutes or until set.

I know it sounds weird but left over risotto is really good in quiche - just sprinkle chunks of it over the base and fill with the egg/cream mix you would normally use. Pumpkin and bacon risotto is very good done like this. I'm manic about using leftovers up as you can tell!