Thread: Roasted vegetable salad

Default Roasted vegetable salad

Thought I'd share this one. I just typed it up for a g/f who wanted it. Sth/east melb girls would have had it at our last meet. It's so easy and sooo yummy

1 piece of butternut pumpkin cubed
    1 red capsicum cubed
    2 red onions cut into 1/8ths from top to bottom, do not remove ends as this holds them together once cut
    3 yellow squash cut into inch pieces.
    2/3 eggplant cubed
    3 Roma tomatoes cut into quarters

Place in roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season.
    Slowly roast on 180degrees for 40 mins.

Serve on a bed of spinach with toasted pinenuts and balsamic vinegar.
    Vegies can be served warm or cold. It tastes just as good either way.

This is a great dish to prepare in advance and just assemble when needed. Travels really well!

That was freaky... I was just about to post asking if anyone had a recipe for Roast Veg Salad...

Freaaaaakkyyyy....

Sounds delish

*hugs*
    Cailin

It is Cai. It's so easy. Viv and I chop the vegies together. It takes us 10 mins or so. Then we roast the vegies - usually whilst I'm jumping in the shower. After about 40 mins I'm ready to go. All I need to do is throw everything in the car and assemble it when I get there. Depends on how far I have to travel as to whether it's served warm or cold.

It's the easiest and yummy!

ETA. My DH tells me I'm part witch, so it's not surprising I was posting it as you were thinking about this type of salad! *hums twilight zone music*

Heh heh. Yum, sounds delish. I make a similar one, with rocket mixed in (instead of the spinach, I guess). The dressing is really yummy - it has plain yoghurt, buttermilk, mint and cumin. It's very tasty.

mmmm sounds yummy. Ad i'd get it all to myself, dh only eats potato and peas... not one other vege!! might have to do it for chrissy lunch!!

thanks for that

I make a similar one, only I add some cous-cous - I usually throw the cooked cous-cous in the pan after the veges to make it crispy with the leftover oil).

Yummo!!!