Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sausage rolls

Yeah don't worry Netix I like sausage mince from time to time Its still tastes better than bought ones.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cheerios are those little sausages that have red skin? on the outside. I know a couple of people who wrap them in pastry never tried it tho.I'm assuming that's what was meant.
    I know what I'll be buying next shopping, All these sausage roll recipes sound delish.

Ellie
    Last edited by Tyige; January 24th, 2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: added more

At least with the store bought sausage mince you still have a better idea of what's in your sausage rolls, instead of just floor sweepings and whatnot! And yes, they do taste so much better! I hope this sausage mince my butcher has promised me is good! He says it has less garbagey stuff in it than the rest, and is also seasoned. Still hungry!

Hi. Cheerios as in the little sausages about as long as a finger.
    Not the cereal!

My primary school teachers all used to call them cheerios and I guess it stuck.

so ****tail frankfurts with the skin on? the little red ones? We call them little boys

Fraser Guest

we call them little boys too - and I DO NOT want to know why they are called little boys

abs Guest

our local yumcha has those on the menu... not bad

Melinda Guest

Yep, we call them little boys or just ****tails LOL.

yep, little boys here too, except when i'm ordering them at the deli...then they're ****tail franks, although i have been known to ask for 'little boys'...

Little Boys or ****tail Franks here too!

*hugs*
    Cailin

How interesting. I've always known them as cheerios. That's how they're labelled up here in every supermarket & butcher I've been to in Brisbane. I never used to think of anything else other than those little red baby sausages, but ever since I heard about that American cereal (and the fact that Nestle? brought them out here to Oz) it does get a little confusing.

Continental frankfurts have always been the good quality hot dog sausages to me...not the red skinned ones (I think they call those savoys up here?). Every so often i love to splurge on those real continental frankfurts, and have them on fresh hot dog buns just dripping with margarine, mustard & tomato sauce.

I made sausage rolls this morning - thanks Cailin - they were great!

Fantastic Glad to hear!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123