Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sausage rolls

hmm maybe thats the one!

Ray, are you still eating chicken?

Melinda Guest

Yeah they are pretty good Danni - must admit those ones never last long either and they're much healthier as they have chicken mince, the creamed corn, onion, diced beans etc etc......yummo.

yep Danni, having chicken sometimes. I might check it out.

ETA - on the sausages in pastry..MIL does cheerios in puff pastry, apparently they are nice but I've never had them

My recipe is very similar to Danni's but I add a few tablespoons of mixed herbs - gives them the nice italian flavour. Ooooh, my mouth is watering.

Why did I have to wait until I was on a diet to see this thread Renee? *LMAO* These recipes have my mouth watering....I want some home-made sausage rolls. My DH & I demolised the whole lot (about 24 or so) last time I made them in one evening!

Ok ray you have me intrigued! Cheerios? As in cereal? How bizarre I'm assuming its a sweet treat?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Yum Yum Yum -Thanks Girls! I didn't know I had started such a conversation starter! Do you use store bought Puff Pastry or does anyone make their own? Don't worry about posting your recipe for it as I don't think I'd be able to do it.
    Sorry Becka - I'll be thinking of you when I eat these on Australia Day!

Does anyone else have any tasty recipes for their Australia Day??

Cai, i think in other states Cheerios are what we call ****tail frankfurts...i think...if not..then yeah, it's bizarre!!!

Nup Cheerios are cereal in the US too Its where we got the recipe from (as in nestle to aus iykwim).

*hugs*
    Cailin

Renee, my friend makes the BEST sausage rolls and all she puts in it is Sausage mince, onion, salt & pepper (and sometimes grated carrot) and then wraps them up in puff pastry. She swears that the best pastry to use is Black&Gold (or whatever home brand you can get). She doesn't even brush them with anything before cooking (ie. Milk or butter) and they are soooo Yum. I couldn't believe that they were that simple....

Heheheh...Cai..i meant other states in Australia...there was a thread a while ago in General Chatter about what things have different names etc...

Ahhhhh ok well that would make sense.... I guess LOL!

So c'mon ray fess up LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks Shan - my mouth is watering - I think I might have to test everyone's recipes! Ha Ha - Gluttony is certainly a sin!

Melinda Guest

Yeah I just use normal Puff Pastry - usually Pampas Brand.

LOL @ Cheerios - I must admit I've been wondering about that!!!

well ray lives in victoria, so thats not a different state to us.

Although, she doesnt eat meat, so maybe thats why shes never tried them?

Maybe that's just what her MIL call them, so she does too....

Fraser Guest

I think there may have been a tinned footy frank type caper that had a name like Cheery or Cheer franks or something like that once - I am having a vague memory from my childhood about it - definitley not cheerios though - but hey cheerios in puff pastry sounds kind of nice - as long as you spread some nutella in there first!

Thanks for all the great sausage roll ideas! I am waiting on our butcher friend to bring me some sausage meat so I can make them. If he doesn't hurry up, I'm just going to go out and buy the "I don't want to know what's in this stuff" version from the supermarket and make them anyway. OOOOOOOhhhhhh, so hungry now!!!!!!!!!! (And I have just had dinner!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast