Thread: Vol au vents

Default Vol au vents

I think I spelled that right?

I bought some vol au vent cases at the shop today bc I saw them there on special. I've never used them before. Just looking for ideas on something healthy I can put in them, thought they would be good little bite sized snacks for DD.

I looked it up on the taste website and they only had one recipe!

They are great with chicken,mushrooms , cream and a little garlic with cheese on top. .
    YUM

I do up a white sauce, then put it chicken, corn, asparagus and mushrooms or any combination you like really, top with a bit of cheese and bake to finish
    Lemon Pepper and other spices in the white sauce give it more flavour as well

Creamed corn and cheese

Anything really - I like to use the canned soups as sauces for these, some bacon, corn, caps, zucchini, onions, whatever you have... Just a small dice and in a pot, some of the soup and some herbs.

Roast pumpkin and chicken with gravy (I use leftover roast) soooo good!

Love Vol au Vents!

I make mine with a tin of condensed creamy chick soup, onion, Roast chook, creamed corn, asparagus, frozen corn kernels and cheese on top, yum yum I want these now

Canned asparagus & cheese. Creamed corn & cheese. Curried chicken, prawns or vegetables! Yummo.

Oh YUM! Thanks for all the ideas!

Can of 'cream of mashroom soup', garlic, green olives (optional), smoked chicken, mashrooms. Put that mixture into the cases with as little cheese on top mmmmmmmmmmmm

Tuna, mayo and sprng onion. MMmmmm

Oh Yummy!!! I've been searching for receipes too!! Definitely adding these to my shopping list this fortnight!!

I usually buy the middle sized ones and put bolognase in them, cover with cheese and melt under the grill.. serve with salad.. is yummo!