Thread: What would you serve with pumpkin soup?

Default What would you serve with pumpkin soup?

I'm having friends over for dinner & I thought I'd make some of my pumpkin soup.... its thick & yum with crusty bread, well... I was thinking it would need something else as well.... so what would you make?

I would possibly make some sore of appetiser or starter to serve before hand. I usually find pumpkin soup very filling especially when most of the time you'll have a couple of slices of bread or a roll with it too so I probably wouldn't want to eat anything with it or after it (other than dessert )

Asparagus wrapped in proscuitto & puff pastry is always nice (baked in the oven for a short while before serving of course). Curry puffs or mini spring rolls are nice too, served with some nice dipping sauces.

I would do similar to AJC. Serve something like cheese and spinich puffs or something along those lines. Yummmmo!

A warm red-meat salad maybe? Marinated lamb with mixed lettuce leaves, cheese, tomato?

Roast veggies & couscous served with wafer-thin slices of hot steak?

But I find pumpkin soup very filling myself ... specially with crusty bread. So an antipasto plate would also just be nice, to pick at....

We put a bit of Thai curry in the soup then we boils some raviloi or agnotti (sp) and por the soup over the pasta and top with corriander.
    we never have had a complaint
    mmmm yumo i want to make this now!

oh good ideas!!! I thought of a meat salad as well Kaz.

Then I just threw the ideas at DH & he said "what about your proscuitto wrapped asparagus?" and olives and artichoke hearts with crisp bread?

So looks like we are having antipasto with it LOL I love the idea of thai curry soup with pasta... yum!

Oooh yum. Send some my way!

Christy, whenever I make pumpkin soup, I always make cheesy parmesan toast to have with it - just toast your bread and then butter it, sprinkle some fresh grated parmesan on it and then pop under the grill till it melts - absolutely divine with the soup - great alternative to a bread roll.

forgot to say that you put lite coconut milk in with the thai soup...
    I went out and bought a pumkin and am roasting it now for the soup.
    Thanks for the idea!!!

Yum, sounds awesome Christy. What time are you serving up? ROFL.