Thread: whats the weirdest food you've eaten???

Cool whats the weirdest food you've eaten???

NO i am not trying to out do SOUL here ... hehe

but just wondering . i love watching foodie shows and last night someone cooked with fireside grass or something like that name .... baiscally it was sea weed ..

the weirdest food ive eaten id : the DURIAN

ewwwww

It was my DH not me thankfully....he went to dinner with some Chinese friends to a restaurant in Sydney for a banquet and they served duck tongues!! No thanks.

Here is a thread Cailin started in the food / recipes section about this exact thing.

I'm way too precious to eat anything funky!! I'm a vegetarian so that rules out all the meat/seafood stuff and everything I eat is pretty boring and simple

i ate a kangaroo steak at 8am for breakfast today. Its all mum had in hr fridge

Kristielee Guest

When I was an apprentice Chef my old boss went through this faze of ordering really weird meats and of course we'd have to cook them and try them. So I have tried and will probably never have again as none of them really stood out as a fav: Emu, Crocodile, possom and buffalo and its not like you see them on the menu a hell of a lot.

Croc -was quite rubbery maybe cooked it wrong.
    Buffalo -Like steak
    Emu -cant remember think similar to chicken
    Possom was actually really nice but I think it was more so the taste of the sauce in the stew not the actual Meat!

LOL... I was a ranger of a private Bushland reserve and I was out doing some weed control when I noticed some wattle sap on a Golden Wattle. So I tried it!! I wanted to see why Sugar and Squirrel Gliders fancied it so much!! LOL

It's pretty bland BTW

Tanya

My dad wanted us to experience all the bush kinds of food when we were growing up, so I had kangaroo, goanna & echidna/porkypine all before I was 10. I probably wouldn't go out & cook up the next goanna I see - we get them around here sometimes, but I'm glad he gave us these experiences. There's one thing I really miss that some people think are strange. Yabbies! Mmmm......All our dams were dried up last year, hopefully this year there will be a few around.

I guess it's fairly common to eat these days but I've had escargot (snails) twice: 1st time at a year 7 excursion to a French restuarant and in 2001 when I was in France. Both times were cooked in garlic butter and served in their shells. Very yum. Very similar to calamari.