Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter - August/Sep 2005

michelle - at least the 5mins to cook the kids dinner didn't cut into your scrapping time!!

fi - that's a great idea to scan in fabric

sarah - thanks again for the font links - they were great

i got a huge box yesterday (pink of course) to store all the things im accumlating for scrapbooking - im hoping to get another page done by friday - i have so many i want to do just need a few more hours in the day!

mooshie Guest

does anyone else plan their photos before they actually taken them or is it just silly ol me lol.

i was doing a page the other night and was thinking of lani's party when i found a balloon stencil then i started planning a page for her party (which we are having on sunday) we are getting 50 pink helium balloons and we will have them in the playroom, so i was thinking i can take a photo of her holding onto all the balloons (sheesh hope they don't lift her up into the air lmao) then i can use my balloon stencil and do heaps of balloons on the page with the piccy.

i also find now when we go somewhere i true to colour co-ordinate the kids lmao so i get some good shots for scrapbooking and when i do take the photos i take about 6 of each pose at different angles - omg i need a digital camera it is costing me a fortune in film lmao

just thought i would share my crazy mind

mooshie - lol - i think i have your brain too!! although i'm only a week into the scrapbooking craze i am planning how to take photos etc - put eliana in blue for fathers day so it would match a blue page! i have been going through all my photos of eliana that i want to use & grouping them together - i want to update my digital camera to one that you can take a lot of photos at once when you keep your finger down on the button - im having a scrapbooking party here on saturday & can't wait - im so excited like a little kid!!

tiggy Guest

Michelle,
    You are SO not crazy. I plan things around pages and I plan my pages in advance sometimes for months in advance. Some others just come to me when I start but others buzz around there for a while.

mooshie Guest

melissa

are you having the creative memories workshop, try and get 8 people there cause then you get your album for free i think (you get a percentage off for each person there whether they buy anything or not - i am thinking 8 and its free) the albums are so good and they also have pages in them to which is great. i have the blue one for jay and the lilac one for lani - the lilac is really lovely.

also a little tip on your pages which my friends and i do - as you know creative memories are a little pricey and if you want to do pages other than white - say in the black or the natural go halves in a pack with a friend that's what we do and saves us a fortune.

okay now i am going on like crap lmao, i am thinking cause the house is messy i am not going to clean until the day b4 lani's party so am wasting time.

might go and plan some more pages

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - that's a fantastic idea to scan the material of Jenna's wrap. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Michelle - naah.. you're not crazy - just creative!!

Yay - finished jennas front pge, and I love it! The fabric turned out really well. And I got anotehr page done today. 2 pages in one day. Amazing!! PLus got heaps of other stuff done too - except cleaning. Didn't get any of that done. Ooops......

Happy scrapping all.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Good job, Fi!
    LOL - cleaning can wait!! - mine always does

mooshie - yep im having a creative memories party & mainly did it to get the free album but the consultant told me that things changed at the beginning of sept so it is now sales based - she should have told me that before i organised everyone - it didn't say on any of the pamphlets she gave me that i wouldn't get an album so i emailed CM head office but haven't heard back - my friend got her album half price so i wouldnt mind that as they cost so much! but either way im still looking forward to catching up with friends & seeing what they create

scrapping is so more productive than housework at least you can hold up a page & see what you've done - DP nevers notices any housework i do - don't know who he thinks does it

mooshie Guest

thats interesting melinda

i must remember to ask my friend who is a consultant - she gets back from hols in a week and a bit. doesn't help you tho does it - bummer what sales figures do you need to get the album free. i think it would be hard that way cause for newies they sort of want to just do a page first and then see what to do i know i did this then a couple of weeks later purchased the $300 kit with most of the stuff, and also with the people that have got the stuff they might only get bits and pieces. hmmm i must ask my friend what sort of sales she gets on home classes, i know she does quite well on her workshops cause all the addicts like me always manage to spend spend spend.

oh and i total agree - housework can wait till all scrapping is finished lmao.

How is the scrapping going Sarah?

Michelle- I took pics on Father's day for the "Father's Day Bocce Game" I took ind shots of each person bowling, pics of the balls where they lay, incl Josh's in the gutter, pics of the spectators LOL, it is almost madness, I also see something happening and direct the kids to do things I want pics of LOL

Mel- hope you do get the album for free still, hopefully your friends spend up LOL, I hate that though, cos I don't want people to spend up big just so I get something, makes me feel like a tight arse.

Michelle

5 pages to go.......

Sarah hope you got it all done!

No scrapping for me this weekend just lots of bday party pics taken that the way I'm going will never see a page LOL

We posted your stuff yesterday Deb!

Cheers michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks, Michelle!!

LOL... maybe you will get to do some more pages when the kids have all grown up and moved out??

Yup got it finished & everyone loved it Aaron even took it to work yesterday to show off cos one of the ladies there is a scrapper too!

That's so good Sarah I bet you felt good too!

Deb I think that's the key, the kids will have to grow up.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww... Sarah! How nice of Aaron to show off your hard work! Yay for getting it done! Neil asked me the other day where I keep Gabby's scrap book because he couldn't find it. He wanted to show it off to his mate. I was quite chuffed because he doesn't even look through her photo albums let alone pay attention to that sort of thing. He flicks through it every now and then. Makes me feel proud!

mooshie - i didn't get an album didn't even get a discount - needed $200 of sales to get 10% - so im now trying to find an album - the scrapbooking party went well & we all had fun just wished i had gotten an album

i have just done a double page of eliana in pink - i took photos of her at 2 weeks old draped on pink satiny fabric - forgot how tiny she looked

hope everyone is busy scrapping

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast