Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter - Oct 05 ~ Jan 06

Sarah At TLC we have what we call Wall Avenues which is a page layout framed with a pedded frame and wall art and wall words are added to really highlight the whole idea and people are loving it!!! We have also been doing altered CD's, which are decorated with scraping stuff for xmas decorations, or baby sleeping signs...the ideas are endless. We also have been doing decorated notebooks and are about to do our first paper bag album....and decorated paint tins....using kits from our range and bits and pieces from Big W or wherever...just some different off the page ideas!!!

Jan xx

Hey nell I got the letter and my pritt rollers and diary, I was most upset, but at least we will still get the stuff, but not for what seems like an eternity! Oh please hurryup SM! LOL I was soooo looking forward to it!

i did nothing the weekend arron went away did I tell you guys that? jessica is a climber and therefore must be watched at all times LOL, no rest for the wicked!

Cheers michelle

Bummer, I was hoping you would have got all your stuff so you could tell me about it! I hope it doesn't take too long either.

Ok so who has seen Tiff's LO of Lily in the new Scrapbooking Memories magazine?? It's fantastic & I can totally understand why they published it (pages 55 & 56 if anyone was wondering ).

Thanks Sarah i will be sure to look for it.
    How is your sister's present coming along, or are you done?

Cheers michelle

Done, but I keep thinking of adding to it every time I see it!

Oh Tiff - that LO is just fantastic!! Well Done!!

I must tell you girls, if you are ever in Echuca or around that way there is a shop in the main street called Bargain Shop or something like that and it has heaps of fantastic cheap scrapping stuff! I bought some rub ons for $2! Some gemstones for $2 for a pkt of 36 - just a huge range and really good stuff.

Did you see that store when you were there Deb?

I am lucky as my folks live up there now so my mum can get me the stuff - yay!!

Congrats Tiff, the layout is gorgeous!

That sounds like a great shop Nell, won't catch me up there soon though as stupid SIL lives there and I don't want to run into her LOL.

She is down this weekend and I am hoping to not see her much

Have a good one girls
    Michelle

Girls girls girls girls.......I held a Creative Memories class/party last night......(I had a feeling scrapbooking would be "my thing"!).......OMG, I am so addicted!

I have been looking for a "hobby" as such that gets me away from the computer and away from the kitchen, & preferably out of the house.....(Dr Phil always says Mums need to find themselves a passion!).

I have since read through all of the scrapbooking threads, and am even more inspired now! I am so glad I have been able to come in here and metaphorically "pick your brains"!

Who else has pics of their pages they can share?

Hey Lucy, congrats on your new obsession!!! I'll take some photos & put them up on Zander's site for you...

LOL LUcy, welcome to the club! It's exactly like that isn't it? If only I had more hrs in the day i might actually get something done. I have nothing to show you unfortunately, have enough trouble finding time to scrap and never thought to take pics. OH well, another thing on my list of to do's.

Ebay is a really good source of scrappin supplies, there are so many things you can do, depends what you like....I have an ebay shop if you want the web addy PM me cos I can't give it out, we sell scrapbooking stuff.

Happy scrapping dear!
    Cheers michelle

Michelle......I have already been given your shop details by the lovely Nell......once I have two sleeping children later I shall pop in and have a good look!

I hope you don't think I'm being pushy Lucy! I wasn't trying to make yuo buy anything! LOL I just thought it may give you an idea of some of the other things that are around iykwim.

I am soooo tired
    good night all

Michelle, no, I didn't think you were being pushy at all......honestly hon, I am glad you have an EBay store, as I would always always much rather buy from someone I "know", especially on Ebay. I had a good trawl through, and was SO tempted to buy up big! (My Ebay user ID is redearthsunset BTW, so you may see some orders from me in the New Year!)

Now, here are a few questions for you girls, from a novice.

1. Where is the best place/cheapest to get all your photos printed?
    2. Do you print them off on a home computer printer?
    3. Which do you think is the best value scrapbooking magazine?

We don't have a great printer so I don't print on that, plus I think its cheaper to use a store as you can use too much ink and you'll be going through the cartridges in no time.

Big W is great value I think although I can't remember how much they charge! Oops! 20 cents a print maybe?

Debbie Lee uses Big Photo which is an online serive for 15 cents a print.

I change my mind all the time about which mag I like the best. Scrapbooking Memories I subscribe to, I think that is quite good, although For Keeps is also good as well as Scrapbook Creations. Perhaps get some olds one off ebay or buy new ones and then decide from there? Creating Keepsakes is American with an Australian component so I don't get that one but some people like that.

Perhaps get some olds one off ebay
    ........LOL, Nell, that's why I was asking! I have just placed a bid on 6 old "Scrapbook Creations" editions!

The reason I asked about photo printing is that on the plane back from the BB event I noticed that the company that advertise on the motion sickness puke bags do digital prints for 15c each, which seemed really cheap......might have to try them out.....

aahhh Lucy, good one then!

I am terrible, I hardly get around to printing my pics they are all blocking up my puter, no wodner it's slow. Almost 1/4 of my total memory is pics. New years resolution: to print my picsone way or another. LOL

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast