Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter - Oct 05 ~ Jan 06

Pee, don't worry, I know what you mean........some of the layouts in the magazines are so beautiful..........BUT, I always tell myself that those really fancy ones in the magazines only have one photo half the time and loads of embellishments etc, whereas I am after a way of showing off more pics of my babies, so I think of my pages are gorgeous photo album pages more than designer crapbooking IYKWIM?!

Same same!! I prefer a few photos on the page rather than just one most of the time.

Just wondered if anyone has done a full album of just the one event?? I took about 200 photos on Christmas day & Boxing day of which there are about 100 or so I want to scrapbook!! I'm thinking of having an album dedicated to "Alexzander's First Christmas" - do you guys think it's a bit too much, or ok?

sarah - im the same with taking photos & was getting overwhelmed with doing eliana's album - i decided to make an album just for christmas that i can add to each year - will also have a special events album for things like her christening, easter & another album just for birthdays otherwise my main album will just get too full too quickly

i too am looking forward to using the stuff i got for xmas - my brother got me a heap of xmassy things (well i choose them out) & DP's mum gave me a great storage bag thingy that has compartments everywhere then it folds up to a bag so is easy to carry plus a great scrapbooking calender that i get to add my photos to!

Pietta Guest

Lol with the albums how do they normally do it?? I have lots of pics too- you are so right about the embelishments etc. I am trying to get three on a page and make it look funky- i did one today of Ryley which i am really proud of- i think i will add it to the site soon so i can show you all!!

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

i haven't been in this thread for a while and i haven't been scrapping for a while either but am getting back into it as soon as new years is over and christmas has been put away for another year lol.

sarah - i haven't done one album for one particular subject yet but am planning on doing one album for all the professional photo's i get from kinder/school etc - i have already got the 3yr old kinder and the 4yr old kinder photos done and ds starts school in the new year so i thought i would do the album all in the school colour and just put the photos i buy in there and continue it on until i guess he leaves school. :shock:

pee - good to see you have caught the scrapping bug lol - i have been doing it for around 2 and a bit years now and i still haven't started on lani's album just about update with jay's and haven't even attempted jessica's (she was our first baby and there were lots of photos taken then lol) however i must say that cause i was scrapping before i was prg with lani - i have found that i have planned alot more of the photos i have of lani - even my midwife after the delivery was taking all sorts of different shots for me (she was a scrapper to lmao) can spot them miles away.

Hey Everyone! I can't beleive I haven't seen this thread before!

I picked up some scrapbooking things to start me off a month or so ago and then for Christmas I got a scrapbooking kit and a scrapbooking tote - in a lovely shade of bright purple!!! So I'm all set and now I just actually have to do something!!!

Can't wait to get chatting - at least I know where to come for advice!!

Pietta Guest

LOL i bought more stuff today but i am looking for stuff to do with chocolate coz i have beautiful photos of Ryley with kitkat all over him!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - I don't think that's OTT at all.... but, remember, what you do for one, you have to do for all... so, if you have several kids, you will be looking at a whole lotta scrapbooking, LOL. I am sure you will be able to manage it tho as you do such an amazing job with your pages!! Yay for your Mum getting you some more scrapping stuff for Chrissy too!

Pee - don't get upset. I do the same... I look at pages in the mags and pages that more "artistic" people do (including my little sister who has a flair for that sort of thing) and I think that mine look pretty crappy. BUT I then try to remember why I strarted scrapbooking - it's to show Gabby how much I love and adore her and to tell a story so that she can look back at her childhood and know how much we cared. I try to see it as more of a personal thing between her and I and not compare my work to others. Does that make sense? Definitely use other people's work for ideas (and for admiration) but don't you dare put yourself down! All you can do is improve on the things you want to improve on and let the pages that you don't necessarily jump up and down about become part of your "scrapping story". Ok,.... going to shut up now, LOL.

Sounds like quite a few of us scored some more stuff for Chrissy and have been inspired to get back into it. MAN, I have got to clear off my dining table and get going!

lol debbie about clearing your dining room table off!! im going to look after my brothers turf farm while they are away for a week & mum is coming with me so i have her organised for childminding & have my eyes on their two dining room tables - one for scrapping the other for sewing!!
    i will post some photos when i get my pages finished!

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo Melissa! Sounds like scrapping heaven to have access to 2 dining tables!! Hope you get heaps done!

I have done 6 layouts in 2 days!!!

And whilst I really want to do lots of journalling, I realised I was holding back, cos a lot of the things in my head that I want to write are really sentimental between me and Olivia (and I am worried that someone else reading it would think I was soppy!!) so I have decided to write whatever I really feel, and then somewhere on the page have an envelope as an embellishment and pop the journalling into the envelope, so it will be there for Olivia to read, but will be a bit more subtle IYKWIM?

(For example, every person who has ever read my birthstory of when Olivia was born has cried, so I figure it is a little bit private? So on her "being born page" I have a gorgeous irridescant white envelope that I had left over from our wedding invites, so the envelope is now part of the layout, and I have slipped the birth story in there)

Can I ask a question from the experts? How do you scan a 12x12 layout, so that you can email it/upload it to a webpage? Or do you just take a close up photo of the whole page?

Pietta Guest

I cant answer the last q lucy but i really like the envelope thing. I am planning on doing that for Ryley.

I love scrapping now- im hooked!!

Oh that is adorable Shannon.......only problem is, I would need to get flowers! (Andrew is near perfection in a husband, apart from the lack of flowers!)

Why did you freak out at the scrapbooking stuff on Ebay? Too much choice? Or too expensive? Or you're not keen on shopping online?

Me and Olivia went to a big scrapbooking shop yesterday, OMG I could have spent a fortune......but didn't. We also popped into a cheapo $2 shop, and they had stacks of really lovely stuff too: the papers were not really my style, but they had a nice lot of subtle embellishements.....

Pietta Guest

LMAO Shannon I did the exact same thing!!

I went to Kmart and got most of my stuff though- they have a REALLY good intro beginner kit and it has some great stuff in it Cr8tive brand- the album is pretty average though- but you do gets lots of other stuff

Ok i am having a bit of a problem here.

How do you all keep your scrapbooking space tidy and where to you keep all your stuff?

We only have a small amount of room so only have a small desk for all my scrap stuff and its a complete mess. So much so that i havent wanted to touch it as i have no where to put any of it, which is another reason why i havent done it in a while.

Pietta Guest

I got one of the bags from Kmart for $15- i store everything in folders in there and take it out and put away as i need it.

Guys, can I ask you all a favour? As you know, I am doing some work for Kelly with regard to the marketing of BB..........and I need your help!

Can you let me know if you use any online suppliers of scrapbooking stuff? Or what your experiences have been with buying scrapbooking supplies online (the good, the bad and the ugly?) Which are your fave online shops for scrapbooking stuff?

So if you could meail me or PM me? ([email protected])

THANKS HEAPS!

I just PMed you Lucy

I have a pretty big desk with 6 drawers & then a bedside table that my printer sits on with another 4 drawers & I have stuff everywhere too Tegan. I think it's just the nature of the beast - scrapbooking is messy business!

I've been trying to tidy everything in the last few days & have come up with a bit of a system which seems to be working. I have drawers dedicated to stickers, other embellishments, photos, scrap paper, templates / scissors and A4 paper. Other than that I have my 12x12 papers divided into patterned & plains. If I have a set (like papers, stickers etc that are all related) I have them together but I have no idea where to put them yet! For eyelets, brads, beads, sequins etc etc I bought little craft holders from Spotlight for about $3 and they are all divided up into them. I also have a pencil case with all of my glues, pens, textas etc in & I have a shoebox under my desk with ribbons & fibres. Now I just have to figure out where to put my Sizzix dies, inks, chalks & stamps & I'll be set!!

I like the idea of the craft totes, but haven't gotten aroun to getting one yet. Problem is when I do, it's going to be expensive cos I have soooo much stuff!

Lucy, I find the $2 shops are fantastic for embellishments. I have heaps of different bits & pieces cos I can't resist when I go into them LOL!! As for scanning, I never do!! I just take a photo & hope it shows the colours properly. I would suggest doing it before you put it into it's sleeve otherwise you'll get too much reflection!

Hey Shannon, did you watch DIY Scrapbooking when they did the embellishment with the buttons that said baby??? I tried it out with a Christmas tree & it turned out sooo good

Lea, Michelle, Nell how are you guys going??

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast