Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #3

LOL! He makes a big deal out if too......only my argument is that is it very easy for him to manage 2 babies when they are both FAST ASLEEP! (He has the monitor on, down in the jam room, but they never stir......)

LOL Lucy at how men have a way of being heroes for childminding esp when they don't actually do anything LOL Yo are going great guns. I think the trick is to do just wjat you are. Scrap with someone else and make it loads of fun! I am sad that I have nobody to scrap with. Mum scraps but doesn't do much, my cousin works and was too busy toward s the end of last year, and I don't know many others, but I am joining TLC soon and I am going to advertise and try to do some workshops and stuff eventually. What fun!

Pee- so sad you are quitting! Hope you get some money back, it's easy to spend loads of money on scrapping stuff that's for sure.

Sarah- hope you got a bit organised, it is easy to mess up but much harder to clean isn't it.

Cheers michelle

DoubleK Guest

recently i decided i wanted to start scrapbooking, so i spent about $50 on some bits and pieces, but then i thought i might wait untill i have my baby, then make scrapbooks out of all her photos (i am an absolute photo freak!!)

so in the meantime, i bought a regular photo album, and ive been making little titles to go before a set of photos, i make them 4x6 size, so they slide into the photo pockets.. for example 'Waiting for Krystal...' then i have put various photos of me and my belly, i've also done '@ the hospital' 'Krystals room' etc, i guess you could call it mini scrapbooking! ive just been thinking of different events and milestones we will come across, and made up little pages to slot in before the photos!
    Everyone that i've shown has loved the idea and it just makes regular photo albums a bit more appealing!

i just use lettering stickers, embellishments, other various stickers. ive got a couple which i will need to stick on the outside of the pockets because of the matrials ive used.

Anyone else done this sort of thing??

Thats a great compromise Rachael.......I haven't done that type of thing, mainly becasue I got addicted to the cropping and snipping of photos!

But one of my great pleasures is making up really special titles....my SIL takes the mickey out of me, saying I spend more time on my titles than I do on the rest!!

Well I have finally finished Gabby's page & it looks pretty funky! I got a desk calendar for Christmas that is acid free & has little frams etc to cut out from each day. There were a few that were yellow & purple & Aaron & I both said they were horrid, but they really really suited Gabby's page!! I had stalled on it cos it needed something else & then these weird patterned papers came up & it looks great. Well it does to me anyway!! I'll upload a photo of it onto Zander's site later tonight.

My area is now spotless, nothing on the floor & everything is in it's place. I wonder how long it will last :-k

Rachael, I love the idea of what you've done. I have a mountain of photos of Zander that I won't be scrapping & just putting them in regular albums, so I might just steal your idea!!

Deb, I finally uploaded Gabby's page to Zander's site, here

Are people doing any other crafts other than scrap booking? Just wondering as I am not into it. I would much rather sew, weave or embroider.

Astrid, I do cross stitching. I find it is very relaxing. i have done birth announcements for my three and am looking for something new to do now.

I am wanting to start scrapbooking though, mainly just Lindsay's school awards and newspaper clippings etc. So I was wondering, how do you preserve the newspaper clippings girls?

Sherie - it is suggested due to the high acidic and other thing in newspapers, that not to use the actual clippings, use scanned copies or photocopies, or put the clippings in a keepsake, they will break down eventually though. I believe there maybe a product that you can spray on it that may help? Hopefully someone else may know...

I would love to know where you got your patterns for the birth annoucements in cross stitch? I don't do it but my FSIL has said she will if I can get a copy of a pattern.

Dach - The cross stiches I have got come from a mail order thing MIL gets (I can't remember their name), but you can get them on Ebay too. The ones in MIL's catalogue are just divine. I could find out the details for you if you like.

Sherie - you mean me do you? Oh well if you mean Dach as well can I have the details too? Otherwise let me know what you search on? Thanks so much!

OMG!!!! I am so sorry Nelbe. I feel like such a goose - I have no idea why I put Dach.

I will definately give you the details. On ebay, search, crafts and then cross stitching and then you can search for 'baby' or 'birth announcement', I will ask MIL tomorrow about the mail order.

Thanks so much for that Sherie - the trouble now is picking which one!

I like to do longstitch (as well as scrapping), the thing is I don't have anything to show for any of my work because they are always presents!! I've done quite a few baby style ones for friends & I did a huuuge frog one for my mum which is proudly hanging in their loungeroom above the fish tank For the BB Secret Santa in 2004 I made a Winnie The Pooh one for *Michelle*

I also like to sew, but I have to use mum's sewing machine as I don't have one. I used to make heaps of clothes for myself, but haven't done much lately at all.

I have done cross stitch in the past also but am a little impatient and haven't quite finished the last project. I have also tried my hand at longstitch as a teen. I did a touch of knitting when pg with my 1st, made a basinette quilt, and started a humpty dumpty jumper, got back and frnt done, then had the baby and put it away. Gotit out again when pg with no.2 and did the sleeves, then put it away, did the neck and sewed it up when pg with no.3 but no buttons, and forgot by no. 4 and so now nobody will ever wear it. LOL Also started knitting Arron a cable jumper in 1992 and still not finished, I think when he is an old man he may get to wear it LOL.

I did a bit of sewing in high school, but really get bored very easily. I am counting down till I have my office up and running so I can throw myself into scrapbooking. LOL

Cheers mcihelle

i am in the middle of doing a cross stitch for my friends mum & i also like to knit, crochet & sew - if only i didn't have to sleep i'd have time for all of these & finally get back to my scrapbooking too!
    i was in Big W the other day & they are going to hold classes on friday mornings & all you have to bring is your photos & they supply everything so have lined mum to babysit & will go check it out when they start

Wow that's cool that Big W is having classes

Yes Mel that does sound good, what is the cost? One day when I am up and running I am planning to hold workshops too, seems a long way off atm though. I am joining TLC very soon, just want to get my office sorted.
    Cheers michelle

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast