Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #3

Default Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #3

Welcome to the Scrapbooking and Craftwork thread!

There are so many of us members (or should I say 'creative geniuses') that have passions for scrapbooking, quilting or other craftworks, that we have created this thread for everyone to be able to come and discuss their crafts and share ideas around with everyone.

HERE is where we left off...

I agree about some pages needing to be basic......I have done a couple of pages full of embellishements etc and some others that are are lot lot more basic, and for me, as long as I get the colours right, the plainer ones sometimes look better! (Or maybe I am just crap at this scrapbooking malarky!? LOL!)

Anyway, I have been BAD, and bought some stuff off Ebay last night , including that sticker gadget thingo. And then today bought a whole load more stuff at GoLo.....but I have a good excuse and that is that I am spending the evening on Friday with my SIL at her place to scrap and she has nothing yet, so I will have to share.......

Yaaay on some new purchases Lucy You'll have to show us some of your pages soon.....

Janie Guest

Two questions re scrapbooking:

1) Do you often worry about whether the cheap stuff is ligit? I buy stuff from Crazy Clarks or the Reject Shop or Big W and worry that athough it says it is Acid and Lignen Free - is it?

2) I made a very cute little envelope the other day (just used one I already had for the shape and used vellum with a beautiful hand-hand gold rice paper as the lining). Does anyone know if you can use those little stick on velcro things? I would love to make more envelopes to put journalling or various things in and would like to kinda stick them down. Don't suppose it matters once they go inside the plastic sleeve, it will stay down anyway but thought I would ask.

I love the xyron stuff and the laminator too, I will have to use my xmas money to bu a stickr maker I reckon, thanks for the info deb.

I sometimes do worry about the legitamacy of some of the cheapo stuff, but i guess if you don't actaully touch your pics it should be ok, eg you can put other stuff in like leaves etc and they aren't sterile?

You are naughty Lucy! But I love the excuse.....

Nell- I finaly got my pack of stuff from SM and I am happy too although I haven't pulled it al out as yet, been too busy!

see ya
    Michelle

Janie, I do a lot of envelopes on my layouts: most of my journalling is private, and I make or use pointed flaps for my envelopes so that they tuck in, IYKWIM? Or I use an embellishement that kind of layers both the flap and the envelope but doesn't stick it down, if that makes any sense at all?!

I have done 3 pages in the last 24 hours! I went to my lovely SIL's last night for a scrap and yap session (while her DH and Andrew played guitar in the jam room at our place....perfect!)

And I used my new sticker machine thingo......I had some gorgeous tiny siler dragonfly embellishments that I wanted to use on a "Darwin" page layout and had been putting it off because I didn't want to ruin some expensive rainforest paper I had, so I put the dragonflies thru the sticker machine and it worked perfectly!!! Very impressive! (And so are my layouts apprently, according to Andrew....praise indeed!!)

On eBay and other scrapbooking sites, i've seen people can make alphabet letters from some type of contraption. Does anyone know how they do this? Would love to know.

Hey i've put up some pages from Lily scrapbook on my website. Comments very welcome

Janie Guest

Tegan - your pages are great. Well done!

I have seen the machine you are talking about but decided it was way too expensive for me to buy. Like up to $200 for the machine and then you have to buy all the bits. It is basically a diecut machine so you can cut out letters, numbers and shapes perfectly using the machine (you kinda press down on it and it punches it out). Wow I don't think I explained that too well.

Lucy - I think I know what you mean. I too would prefer to keep my journalling private. Didn't realise that until people started reading what I had written and I get a little embarassed. Will go searching for the perfect envelope to use as a template. Thx!

Janie, yep i know what your talking about. I found it right after i posted lol. Way too expensive!

tegan - your pages all look great - you have done a fantastic job on them - lily certainly is a cutie (i looked at your other photos - she has grown up heaps)

Pietta Guest

Tegan your pages are cute

Well here I am on Aaron's computer when I came in here to clean up my scrap space! It is such a mess & I said weeks ago that I had started cleaning it and it never progressed very far! I'm sure things have jumped out of drawers onto the desk!! I so need to get onto this cleaning - Zander keeps trying to eat my sizzix dies & the punches that have somehow made their home on the floor!

Anyway I am still no further on Gabby's page and have done absolutely nothing for weeks and weeks other than downloading some new digi stuff & sorting out all of my digi bits and pieces.

And as for the machine Tegan - it's either a Sizzix machine or a QuickCutz machine. I got mine from eBay for a little over $100 which is pretty cheap for what they are. I have one set of alphabets and numbers and a heap of other dies. The ones I use the most is a little body shape and then there are little clothes to go with it. It's pretty cool to be able to dress up dolls to look like the subject in the photos. I would definately reccommend looking on eBay if you want to get one & even from the US as I got my dies at less than half the price here. If you really want to use it, but don't want to buy one of your own, most scrap shops will have one and will allow you to use it. I'm not sure if you have to buy something to get access to it, so maybe ring around any scrap shops in your area to find out.....

Pietta Guest

As most of you platinum members know i am giving up scrapping!! I didnt become as obsessed as i thought and i really think i will just buy bits and pieces as i need them. I am very happy with what i have done though. I didnt realise but i spent over $300!!! setting it up!! Yikes- i just hope i get some of it back on EBay- thank goodness for ebay or id be screewed!! lol

I would love to do this digital scrapping though

Awwww Pee, that is such a shame. But I hope you make stacks on Ebay.

I have been doing 2 pages every friday night........my lovely SIL & I have been getting together (whilst our DH's get together to play the guitar) & having a glass or 3 of wine and scrapping: such a gprgeous way to start the weekend!

So I have got up to about June 2005 (I am doing a page per month of Olivia's first 2 years).....plus I have done a few additional pages for Christmas etc.

I have ALL teh current photos sorted and have had printed just the ones I want to scrapbook, all in envelopes marked with the right month.

I can't wait to get up to date with Olivia, then I can start my Charlie boy...........

Pietta Guest

Wow your a superscrapper Lucy!!!

I think wine and scrapping would be wonderful

LOL, it is a legitimate excuse to guzzle wine, gossip, do a bit of scrapping, have conversations uninterrupted by baby children or husbands....I LOVE my Friday nights!

Pietta Guest

Does DH look after the little ones while you scrap? plus play the guitar? talented he is then

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast