Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #3

Just thought I'd pop in here and see if anyone is being creative.
    I have actualy fired up over the past 6 weeks and when I am in my office sewing I have been madly sticking down things, got 13 pages done. The trick is I ned to have the pics all cropped and ready and then I get heaps done. So I have come to a stand still cos I need to crop some more LOL Maybe one night this week I will get some more done.
    cheers michelle

I have finally pulled out the finger too. I am booked into 2 classes this week, but neither of them are for pages. They are beyond the page projects. One is like a 3d window box frame sort of thingy. LOL, great description hey. Basically it is like a frame but it has 3 rows of 3 boxes that are 3d so you can stick pictures behind it and other embellishments. The other is a box that has an accordian album inside of it. SO hopefully I will be a busy girl and actually get them finished. Doubt it though knowing what I am like.

Michelle, I actually don't crop my pictures until I have decided on what layout I am going to do. When I first started out I was doing CM style of scrapping and I am so dissapointed now that the lady got me o crop my pictures to within a precious inch of their lives. Now these pics are cut into ovals and circles and there is no way I can restore them Hoping one day I can work out a layout to incorporate theses pics and make them look decent again.

Yeah Trish I understand what you mean about that, I don't crop everything right down. as I am cropping I have the pics sorted into pages and then work out how it would be done, and then crop them to suit, Sometimes I only chop a little off the side. I am not really into the project style scrapping atm, I guess it's cos I have so many pics I need to scrap that I can only think of pages lol
    cheers michelle

Michelle, I'm hearing you on all of the pics.I haven't scrapped in so damn long it's not funny. I really need to get myself back into it. I was going every Thursday night and then sometimes on a Fri or Sat night too . I haven't scrapped at all tis year and have soooo much to catch up on, especially as usually not a day goes by without me taking some pictures...

You sound like me I am a compulsive clicker lol I have pics today of Jess and Jem powdering the rumpus room with Talcum powder, and themselves at the same toime, and then Jess made herself beautiful with jordans eye shadows lol
    How long have you ben scrapping for Trish?

[email protected] the girls, don't you love it when they get into the make up. If only it was only girls that did it I have pictures of Noah powdering the room when he was about 2ish.

I have been scrappin for about 2 and a half years. What about yourself?

I haven't done any scrapping for a while either. Mainly coz all the photos are still on the digital camera. I have to get them developed at Big-W but just haven't had the time. Theres like 180 photos on there at the moment!

I am starting to make a scrapbook of my current pregnancy though. It's actually a small spiral-bound book that i'm going to decorate. I have lots and lots of ideas for layouts for this new bub. Just need to save the money for it!

Tegan, I might have some extra baby boy stuff, I need to go through my scrap cupboard first but if your interested I could send some yourway.

Of course that depends on if I find any, but I'm sure I'll find something LOL

Don't worry Tegan I think I have about 1000 or more pics. Jordan is almost 12 and being a crazy photographer I snap all the time and have for the last 11 and a half years. I am yet to do much of Joshua Jemma and none of jess but I am getting better. I cropped heaps of pics the other day and did a layout today. I am running out of albums to put them in though lol.
    best wishes michelle

missed your question Trish, I have been scrapping since Oct 03. Although had very long breaks along the way. I discovered it after I had Jemma. I have def chnged my style since the first stuff, and sometimes I am lazy and then get disappointed in the quality of my work which is when I know i need to have a rest, change themes or quit what I am doing and go onto something or somebody else
    How bout your style, has it changed? What sort of scrapper are you?
    I find it hard to motivate myself sometimes, I am trying to convince a gf she should scrap too lol

I don't know if anyone does digi-scrapping but my sister does and is a designer for a new australian scrapping website. She and a few other ladies have put together a fantastic kit they they are selling with 100% of the proceeds going to the bonnie babes foundations (the websites founder lost a little one not so long ago). I know you are not allowed to put links but if you google clikchicdesigns and log in (it is free) and go to the store you will find it....i think it has like about 200 things in it (over 50 papers)....anyway just thought i'd mention it cos it goes with the theme of this forum and is a really funky little kit

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG it has been aaaaages since I have been in here. I must admit, my scrapping has come to a grinding halt while we are trying to sell our house. It just makes way too much mess for me to have to clean up.
    I started making a scrapbook for the little girl I used to look after, Paige. I thought it would be a nice gift to give to her and her parents before we move (2 hours drive away) as they aren't happy that we are moving. I have 3 pages done so I'd better get moving, hey??

what a lovely gift that would be Deb! I think it is easy to put your stuff away and get busy, and then hard to get motivated again especially when you are scrapping alone. I have found if I crop first, with the layout in mind, then the pics are ready to do and I find time later to get out the pieces to put pages together. But that's just the way I do it. It will be sad for you to move away, but the good thing about bb is we won't miss you too much as you can always visit here lol Hope the house selling is going well, come to VIc members and let us know whats happening with it all and the fixing up too.
    hugs Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh yes... I have been neglecting the Vic thread... oopsies!
    You're right, Michelle... I'll still have BB. I reckon it might be the thing that keeps me sane once we move and don't have all our friends and family close by.
    That's definitely a good system you have going for your scrapping exploits. I am hoping that once we sell the house and I don't have to keep it tidy all the time that I'll be able to just have a permenant station going until I get a heap done. Fingers crossed!

Hi Guys!
    I haven't been in here before. I went to my first scrappingbooking class yesterday, and it was great!
    I have to admit I ummed and ahhd a bit about going, because I didn't really think I'd like it, but in the end I was really glad I did, cos it was ace!

Rachael, Be warned scrapbooking is VERY addictive. Glad you enjoyed your first class. Did you go to a shop???

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay for your first class, Rachael.
    I haven't been to one before. I'll have to see if there's a scrapbooking shop in Hamilton when we move.

Hi Girls
    Thought i would pop on in here as well. I havnt been to any classes at all. I lots of mags that i have learnt heaps from and have just subscribed to a scrapbooking magazine. The saddest thing is that ive used so many techniques to make greeting cards, things for weddings etc but not used it to properly scrapbook photos.
    So im not at the stage where i have enough beautiful things (i swear i could open my own shop) to be able to scrapbook the photos. Ive had lots printed off all ready to go. Its finding that time to do it all in.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast