Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #4

Default Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #4

Welcome to the Scrapbooking and Craftwork thread!

There are so many of us members (or should I say 'creative geniuses') that have passions for scrapbooking, quilting or other craftworks, that we have created this thread for everyone to be able to come and discuss their crafts and share ideas around with everyone.

here is where we left off...

It is a shame that us BB girls couldn't organise some regular scrapping, but we def are spread all over.

sorry needed to get the notification, i hate when i do that

I have just discovered this and im planting my big hair bum in here.
    I LOVEEEEE scarping but heaps of my friends here dont get into it like me. So I need to talk to sain people who know what im talking about when I say I need to crop, embellish or matt something.
    It would be unreal if we could organise a scrapping session, even a weekend away (what is that????) without the kids and we could all get to know each other and scrap at the same time....ah im living in dream world.......
    xxmaz

yeah Maz thats the prob, finding time to sneak away lol
    Where abouts are you?

I dont think im to far away from you really Michelle, Im in Mooroopna just out of Shepparton. I go to 'Circle of Friends' to scrap and get my goodies. Ive got a class to go to on sunday at 11am. Making christmas deco's. I cant wait.
    has anyone in this thread had any of their work published? I had a double layout published in For Keeps a few years ago but Its so hard to get work into the mags. Oh well, as long as we love our work thats all that matters.

Just thought id pop in and say hi girls
    I havnt done any scrapping in ages. Although have been slowing gathering more and more goodies for the summer holidays to get loads done. During some free time at work ive sketched how i want some pages to look, which is something i usually dont do.

hey Summer I think it is so hard to find the time to pull everything out and scrap. I have a gf who wants to do it and its just making a day thats hard. Have to make it one night instead.

Maz it is about 90 mins to shepp from here, I know where Mooroopna is. The class sounds good. If you are committed to something then you go and get things done.

I have stacks of stuff and stacks of ideas but am so busy!! lol thats what happens when you have kidsI guess

we've just done a major extension and I made DH work the plans enough to include a scrapping corner for me. That way I can leave it messy if need be ( I get ot use our bed this way too)

I dont even have kids as an excuse, just loads of work committments. I have a whole work desk but that is taken over by ebay packaging!

Im not allowed to use the kitchen table anymore

well I have a room which I sew in and I have desks all round it but can't seem to get an empty spot lol

PMSL at you both. DH said I had to have a break from seling on ebay cause it was taking over our parents retreat, the wardrobe and ensuite which we haven't finished yet. OPsie.
    Busy making chrissy cards at the moment and ive just made a hanging for the wall, which incorporated scrapping and molded hands of all 3 of the kids. Have a really bad thing for just a plain black backgroud too. I utter refussed to make the pretty pastel pink baby pages for Vy so I went black and hot pink instead.

Im a scrapping queen too!!! My kitchen table is covered with it.It gets packed up when visitors come and moved to the side at dinner time.I just finished a calender for my sil.Its done on canvas,quite cool!! And i just covered a book for my mil on slowcooker recipes that i got off bb.Next project? not sure.Perhaps a page for millanas album or i want to cover a carrycase and place some letters that my grandmother and i wrote to each other when little.
    Maz do you remember that photo frame id did and wanted your advice? Well when i gave it too the family,2 days later they seperated.12 weeks of marrige.She is pregnant too.About 17 weeks!!! Spin out.

Do any of you girls get any mags subscribed? i get scrapbooking memories but now have relaised that i dont get any extras. I pay less per copy but dont get any freebies so i missed out on a dvd!
    I ended up buying another copy at the local shop

CAro - ive seen card stitching and am absolutely fasinated by it. It looks fantastic...I might have to have a look at some web sites on it.
    Caddie - omg on that family for seperating so quickly. The poor kids. I love the carry case idea. that would be so precious mate. you'll have to share it with us when yourve finished.
    Summer - ive heard that about subscriptions. that totally sucks. I get my newsagency to put away for keeps for me every month so I still sort of get a subscrption and the free bees. try your local newsagency and see it they can do it for you.
    Have just finished doing a beyond the page item again - im so hocked on them. Its a tissue box in the shape of a house and ive gone nuts with flowers, buttons and ribbon. IM going to make anothe rone for a friend for christmas. for keeps are asking for submissions for baby lo's if any one is interested in submitting. I always get knocked back. doesnt matter I still love most of my work.

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo I'm all re-inspired.
    For Chrissy my sister got me a subscription to Scrapbook Creations magazine. How cool is that? she bought me the 2 latest copies aswell. Now I really wanna get all my gear out and finish off Gabby's 1st year. Yay!

Anyone else look at the pages featured in the mags and think "Wow, I could never do that!?!".

Deb, actually I sit there and work out how it was done. Alot of pages that look really difficult usually aren't.

What a fantastic present. I wish. Although if I'm really after inspiration I will check out some online sites with galleries. I have soooo many old scrap mags. I should start dispersing them to the BB scrapping ladies.

I grabbed a whole heap of supplies at Big W on Friday. They was heaps of stuff half price. Now just to get scrapping again. I haven't done it in months.

Im still trying to finish my off the page project.Im covering a case i bought from a scrap shop to put nanas letters in.I too need inspiration.I need to make a pretty tag of somesorts.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast