Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrapbooking Question

Those are lovely looking pages Sarah

Sarah, your pages are looking great. You are right though. Digital scrapping is way cheaper than normal scrapping. I prefer getting out the glue and scissors though. I have seen heaps of digital layouts that look awesome. Some you can't even tell they're digi.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

They look awesome, Sarah! I love the daddy page you made of Aaron. What a cute little verse! Love it!

I've done a total of 2 pages, and I was really happy how they turned out! I'm not sure some of the stuff I hvae used has been acid free, but the way I see it, some of the extra's you put in aren't, so I'm not going to loose a heap of sleep about it.
    There is this great show I have been watching on my parents digital telly called DIY scrapbooking, and its been REALLY good to watch for ideas. Also I'm about to do a full on raid of stuff from my mums shop - trims, beads, double sided tape, old mats..... Should keep me going for a while. Deb and Nell - I'll try and find you guys a couple of cutting mats too if you like?? They are big ones that have broken in half cause they are always cut in the same place for fabric, but there is still a good cutting surface. I just dont want to use my special patchwork mat and get glue all over it!!
    Deb - I've heard mixed things about creative memories, but in saying that, if you have a party I will definitly come. I think their basic party is REALLY basic.....
    Fi

Sarah those pages are gorgeous. Could you PM the links to me as well pretty please???

Fi - I would love a cutting mat! I actually went looking for one yesterday but come home empty handed. Thanks so much for thinking of me!

OK - I have found the stash of broken mats - they are A1 sized broken in half or in thirds, depending on where the 50cm or 1m was when they were stuck onto the cutting table. Mum says I can take as many as I want, so I have 3, but I'm wondering if any of the other Melbourne people want one too?? They end up being about 13" by 18"?? They are the green cutting plastic - and these are the good ones from USA, but they are a little old, may have some scratches and dings, and of course are second hand. I'll see how many I can fit in my suitcase, but they are pretty heavy, so I'm not going to bring more than I can fit!

Let me know!! BUt there is definitly one packed for Nell and Deb.

Fi

mooshie Guest

hi deb

yeah as fi has said the creative memories home classes are basic but perfect imo for someone new to scrapping - i know when i went to my first one 2yrs ago i thought no way am i gunna do this i am not creative just going along for the social aspect - well i was hooked lol and as i said before i do a mixture of creative memories and scrapping.

for me personally i like the albums and cutting tools from creative memories (they are more expensive than the fiskars etc) but it's just what i like.

my g/friend as just joined as a consultant (mainly to get her stuff cheap lol) as there are quite a few of us that go to her house for workshops and we all bounce our ideas off each other - it's good to cause my girlfriend doesn't push that we have to buy their stuff and even some of her albums are other products etc.

off i go am waffling sorry - i think i might get my stuff out and do a few pages now

tiggy Guest

Hi!
    Another addicted scrapper here! Have been doing it now for about 1 1/2 years. Started off with two memory albums of William for my mum and MIL and it went from there. Now I've filled two albums just of the other kids, animals and family. I am so looking forward to doing pages for this new baby! I've already done one for the day I got my BFP!! Hehe!

Hi girls, we have opened up a Scrapbooking and Craftwork general chatter thread in the House, Home & Money forum HERE, for you all to discuss your craft projects and to share some ideas etc...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12