Thread: Stuffing for Turkey?

Default Stuffing for Turkey?

Does anyone have a recipe for stuffing for a turkey?

DH got a turkey this year off work and I've never had one before and would like a really yummy stuffing for it. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

hugs xoxo

Pork sausagemeat, breadcrumbs (if you can make cornbread and use that its REALLY good), sage & roast garlic & onion, salt & pepper, bacon... This is my favourite stuffing. But you can add rice, white bread, mixed herbs, and leave out the sausage mince. I'll try and find some recipes if you like.

That would be great, I just have no idea on stuffings or anything.

hugs xoxo

Ok this is what I'd do:

Roast 2 onions in the oven till golden brown and soft. Roughly chop and add to a bowl. When cooled down add either 1 heaped dessert spoon of dried sage or a handful of roughly chopped fresh sage leaves. A couple of teaspoons of minced garlic. Salt & Pepper to taste. 1-2 pieces of white bread (wet with warm water) mush together and then add your sausage meat, depending on the size of your turkey add maybe 500-800gms sausage mince oh and don't forget a couple of rashers of bacon chopped and mixed through. Mix together and stuff your bird making sure you truss the ends to keep the bird tight. If you have leftovers you can roll into balls (and cook in the pan in the last 30 mins or so) or you can make into little loaves to be cooked, carved and served with christmas lunch I've also added a few spoons of polenta when i didn't have cornbread and wanted that flavour, but its not 100% necessary.

We cheat and buy the box stuffing yellow box starts with T LOL. It is really nice stuffing.

Love

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

My mum always puts a diff stuffing up each end!

sausage meat sage, onion and breadcrumbs at one and a tin of chestnut stuffing at other!

I was going to ask about stuffing too. I have done the turkey in the Weber for the last 4 years. We can't use bacon or sausage meat as DH is muslim. I try a different stuffing each year as I have not found anything I like as much as the sausage meat one my mum maked. Last year I used this recipe which everyone liked but would like to try something different again this year. So if anyone has any recipes with no pork products that would be great!

1/2 cup butter
    2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
    1 1/2 cups chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped parsley
    1 cup sliced celery
    1/2 cup pecan nuts (chopped roughly)
    1 tbs grated fresh lemon peel
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp chopped sage leaves
    1/2 tsp celery salt
    1/4 tsp ground pepper
    400g white breads cubes

fry the onion in the butter and when nearly done, add mushrooms and celery to the pan. when cool mix with other ingredients.