Thread: Mother's Day - for single mums

kerry Guest

Default Mother's Day - for single mums

Ok so what should I do... buy myself a pressie? or just wait until B is old enough to come up with something herself. Its not like I got anything last year when I wasn't a single mum so I don't really know what i am missing, IYKWIM.

Maybe go out for a girls day!!! You and DD

I like Kims idea of a mummy daughter day... maybe shout yourself something nice too... afterall you are still a mummy regardless if single or not... any excuse for a pressie works for me LOL

PS... Love the bunny suit of Brigids... she looks way to cute in it LOL.....
    Last edited by *mitch*; May 10th, 2007 at 01:48 PM.

kerry Guest

thanks Mitch.. it was a Target special although she thinks she is a dog and barks in it...lol.

I think you should buy yourself a present - you deserve it

I bought myself some really expensive perfume. I deserve it!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I would definitely splurge on a present for yourself (on B's behalf)!

Hun, go buy yourself something. If it wasn't for my years as a single mum I would have never gotten any presents on Mother's Day.

And when Father's day arrives, buy yourself something for that too hun. Afterall, you are doing the work of 2 !!

Is there someone that can take bubs shopping for you?? I know shes young, but for mothers day my sis and i swap kids (before she had any kids i'd give her $xx.00 and she'd take ash and get me a present)
    We now have a limit of what to spend and she helps DD pick my present and I help her little man (1 year old) buy her something
    We still both get a nice suprise even if it is kinda our own money!!

Buy yourself a present. And I liked that idea of getting a fathers day present too.
    My sister is a single mum but every year me and my mum get her a card and gift and say its from her son. This year I have made her a scrapbook page and framed it. We always make sure we celebrate mothers day for her.

OK, well I'm not exactly single, but my DH has managed to be away on lengthy trips every mother's day for the last 5 years - also we don't live near either of our mums so we can't celebrate the day with them.

Here's what I do - buy myself a prezzie (but it's gotta be a "proper" MD's prezzie, like slippers or hand lotion or somethign like that LOL), when DD was old enough she would help to wrap it and then bring it in (and I pretend it's this huge surprise). Then we book ourselves in for a really lovely breakfast or lunch in a nice cafe somewhere. After that we go to the park or do something fun like that.

Enjoy -

you could even spend it with your cousin and her son, whose whole family are going to the footy and whos MIL has to work so is feeling sorry for herself.

That sounds like a great idea rayray!!!
    And I agree with Trish - but yourself something nice on father's day too - you deserve it!!

Yep Trish is right - buy yourself a present for both. You DO deserve it!

I agree with the also buying yourself a present for Fathers Day. I try to make sure (provided funds allow) to buy my mother a present on Fathers Day, but I have renamed it to Parents Day LOL.. When my dad was alive he took my eldest brother (then 2) out with him to buy Mum her first mothers day present that he picked out himself.. She got a toy truck and a bag of lollies!

I think you should definitely get something for yourself for mothers day (or maybe someone can help B find something for you), you deserve it.

Oh Mel, that is so cute!! A toy truck and lollies!!
    I was just thinking that even with a DH I am lucky to get anything!! I might buy myself something too!!! Poor DD had a day at school yesterday when they had a mothers day stall, and she forgot her money. She told me she saw the most beautiful pink earrings for only $3 (!!!!!!!!!!) but couldn't buy them. I told her just the fact that she thought that is better than any present. I reallly do feel like I've had my pres now.
    So no matter what you do Kerry, or get, Im sure Bridie is thinking how awesome you are, which is by far the best pres!!!
    Also you could get some coloured pencils out and paper and get her to draw you something. I just love coco's scribbles. You could frame it and say to people "look what Bridie did me for mothers day"!!! xoxoxo

kerry Guest

Thanks everyone... I don't feel like a nutta getting myself something now... I was feeling a bit silly about it.

Rayray... we should try and book into Raf's for breaky. I have to go to Trish's baby shower in the arvo, but have breakfast and lunch free.. then its the parental units for tea... or maybe a picnic brunch somewhere nice, the park near me has too many used profalactics and btoken beer bottles in the tanbark.

eeew! we won't go there then!