Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Come on - anyone Botox?

WLAB - were you not as happy with the restalane because it didn't give you the results you wanted? or were they just not as good as results as the botax? and I'm sure you don't look like a barbie!

Ooh, I'm really interested in giving it a go... yes, I'm not quite 23 yet, but I have a really 'squishy' scalp and just one big crease running across my forehead (if you raise your eyebrows and get that big crease halfway between your brows and hairline, that's what I have almost permanently, it's just 'settled' into my thick, squishy skin) and it really bothers me because hey - I'm 23, I shouldn't HAVE big wrinkles yet!!
    So I'm looking into botoxing it, thanks for the advice so far because I don't know *anybody* who has ever had it done (small town, only the 'fancy-pantses' who live in McMansions have Botox and I'm not friends with any of them haha) so I've been looking for some advice.
    It's cheaper than a tummy tuck so I'll give it a go once I drop this baby and stop BFing, see how it goes It would be nice to be able to put on makeup and not end up with it settling into my crack after a few minutes :/

(and ftr, the tummy tuck is still very much on my list of 'to-do' things!!)

Julie - the newest filler for that is Juvaderm I think.. will do it in the next few months I imagine..

I googled juvaderm (of course - I google eveything) - sounds like it is indeed the latest and greatest. by the way, I love before and after pictures!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

This is funny because a girl on my team at work has been saying that we should do a lunchtime botox visit after I come back to work in May after my body lift surgery. She reckons if I'm fixing the bod, I may as well go the whole hog and get a new 'refreshed' look for the face!

I have to say I'm tempted! And I'm not a girly-girl, but want to try it, just once, to see what happens! She even got a great recommendation for a place in Perth, so I just have to say yes and she'll organise it....

BullieJ: The Botox was virtually instant for me, where as the restalane, was good, but not as good as I thought it would be. I needed to get a dental anaesetic before the restaline, which hurt .

Sushee: Go for the freshen up hon, you will love it

Your all making me feel like getting it, but I cant atm

I'm also bummed I can't explore this further at the moment - I finally have some recommendations. Oh well, at least it's on hold for good reason.

Yanno after watching Bold and the Beautiful last night I'm not so sure lol. At least it's a reminder not to take it too far if I decide to give it a go

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I definitely don't want to look like Bree on Desperate Housewives. Her forehead looked comepletely frozen! I kept staring at it last night in horror!

But I checked out the website of the place my colleague wants to go to, and they reckon they go slow so that you don't end up with a 'frozen' look!

Yes - no Bree, no Nicole - there's a whole list of hollywood ladies that I wouldn't want to look like - but there are plenty who are way older than they look and they still look natural - now that's what I'd like.

...so if I got botox now (not right now - i mean after BF ), with my wrinkles that are already there, what will the effect be like?
    Does it kind of smooth the current lines out as well as help prevent more occuring? And does it help the lines that are already there not get deeper, or is that damage already done and will continue to 'deteriate' (excuse spelling)?

Salsa - depends on how deep they are. If not very deep then they should almost disappear because the muscle that causes you to do that action will be frozen and they area totally relaxed. If deep, you will still see the fine lines but they won't be deep grooves..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12