Thread: Evening Maternity Dress

Exclamation Evening Maternity Dress

HELP!!!

I have a rather posh wedding to go to 4 days before my due date and I need a dress! I don't really want to spend a huge amount on something so I am desperately hoping there is a fabulous dress hanging in someones wardrobe that you wore when you were pregnant that you might want to sell. I've been looking on Ebay and can't find anything that takes my fancy.

I am a size 12/medium and would rather something long, not necessarily floor length but not short.

The wedding is November 10.

Can any of you lovey ladies help a fat girl in distress?

P.S I live in Melbourne so if anyone has any suggestions of a maternity shop that has fab frocks I might be tempted to buy new...

I didn't buy any maternity dresses when I was pg and had to go to a couple of weddings to go to. I bought a dress from Diana Ferrrari that sits under your bust line and ties in at the back. It cost me $170, not sure if that is too expensive. The other dress I got was a wrap dress, which I could tie a bit looser for my tummy, I got that from My Size, but their smallest size - XS will probably be too big for you. I think that one cost $99

I have a pic posted on Charlie's website. I was prob a size 10, didn't put on a huge amount of weight due to being sick all of the time, but this dress had a lot of give & I loved it! I bought it on ebay, brand new & had 2 Weddings in my last 6wks. Let me know if you are interested, I'd more than happy to sell it to you. I don't plan on another bubs for at least another 2yrs, so don't see the point in hanging onto it. I would sell it on ebay but I'm too lazy, LOL.

i have ben told that theres a reallynice shopin essendon that has reasonably priced dressy and formal clothes, pm HAROULA, she knows where it is!!
    goodluck

I've got the same dilema as you - all the dresses i looked at were way too expensive for something i was more than likely only going to wear once, i ended up finding a really nice top for $50.00 in one of the maternity shops here -just have to hope that i still fit into the black skirt i have hanging in my wardrobe by the time the wedding comes around (its got an elastic waist - it fits at the moment).

Goodluck, hope you find something!!