Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Dye Stain on Forehead?!

Default Hair Dye Stain on Forehead?!

Hey guys,

I had quite light hair, meidum blonde, and I've just gone to a chocolate brown with blonde foils through the top.

2 girls were doing my hair at the same time, so my hairline is different on both sides due to the dye.

Anyone got any tricks to get it off? A friend is having a going away party as she's moving to America on Saturday night and want my new look to be spectacular lol

TIA!

To getting the stain off your forhead?? I found toothpaste works well. It feels very cool and such when you apply it (mixed into a paste with water) but it works well. I found the one with baking soda works best, but pretty much any toothpaste rubbed on, left for a few mins and wiped off with a wet/damp cloth works well...

Ash try toothpaste! Sounds weird but my sister is a hairdresser and I just asked her. Use a face washer and make the toothpaste king of pasty with water. Apparently it works a treat. And as a bonus, you'll be minty fresh I guess lol!

doh katkins beat me too it!
    Last edited by sangie; November 16th, 2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: too slow!

Lol I'll give it a go and let you know how it pans out

Next time I would ask them to remove it - my HD has a special product (can't remember the name) she puts on cotton wool and the dye comes off on it.

Hope the toothpaste works!!!

witch hazel is meant to work too....

My HD uses perm solution

Perfume works too.........spray a biot of perfume onto a collon ball........and wipe......gone......

They should have removed it for you with tint remover, it's always when you have a party or function to go to that this happens....

You are going to smell very different if you end up trying everything heheheh!!!

LOL I'm not sure where to start! I would have asked her to remove it any other time BUT was there for 4.5 hours. She did what I didn't ask for, so I told her to now do what I wanted at no extra charge. Lucky she did, or I'd be telling everyone and anyone I know NOT to go there. First time she did a full head of foils, I said yep sounds good as I figured she'd do 2 dark to one light. WRONG! She did 1 blonde to one brown, and my hair looked the same as when I went in practically. I've never had the guts to speak up, and I'm glad I did, I would have hated walking out looking no different, I go for dramatic, not subtle LOL

wish i'd seen this a few months ago - i was so desperate not to show so much grey when i went back to the UK to see friends that i dyed my hair 2 hours before we left the house - it was all over my neck, forehead, ears and we couldn't get it off - had to spend 24 hours on planes looking a right plonker! Let me know what works Ashlee so i'll know for next time!

Julie x

Oh no Julie LOL

I used my DKNY Be Delicious perfume - worked a treat I feel a little dizzy from the smell but I can deal LOL

Must go get onto making a new Avi!

Jodie259 Guest

if the other suggestions don't work - try these:

cigarette ash... sounds wierd... but many hairdressers swear by it. Have no idea if/how it works

baby wipes.. there is something in baby wipes that removes just about anything.

alcohol/turps - thus the reason perfume is suggested - as that is alcohol based

bleach or lemon juice.

But, if the dye has been on for hours - and/or you have really dry skin - then it will be difficult to remove, as the skin is like a sponge.

I do my own hair and always have skin toner on hand comes off no worries no harsh fumes no stinging as its designed for your face

This isn't advice as such, as I'm sure no-one else would do something this stupid in the first place...

I once dyed my hair purple at home, and because we had a really horrible basin and my neck hurt, I jumped into the shower to rinse it off without really thinking it through.

I ended up having to scrub the shower, and myself (!!!!) with Ajax, and I still ended up purple for weeks. Purple pubes wasn't the best look, but at least my 'cuffs and collars' matched!

I guess my advice would be, don't use Ajax to try and remove hair dye - it really really REALLY hurts and doesn't work anyway. You are all allowed to laugh at me now...

Oh i use makeup up wipe removers. They usually work a treat.

Baaaaaaaaahahaha Suse hahaha classic

t least my 'cuffs and collars' matched!
    - PMSL Suse - beats my story hands down!

Julie x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast