Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mi-Essence Organic Skincare Chatter

Question

Hi,

I've just come across this thread in my search for info on organic skincare products. I am gobsmacked at the level of chemicals we put into our bodies through our skin which is supposed to be our largest organ!

So, I've decided to make the switch to organic and was wondering if anyone can recommend which miessence cleanser & moisturiser to start off with? I have normal/combination skin but get breakouts along my jawline, neck, and cheeks.

Thanks

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Sorry for the delayed response Lyn, I will get Tracey to pop in and suggest something. I use the one for sensitive skin, but I think you would need something else, the balancing one maybe?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks Kelly I ended up ordering the balancing one a week ago (delivery was quicker than I expected too!). So far, it seems to be working well...I also got the garnet scrub but haven't really been able to use it as they say not to if you have breakouts...

Default Lynny- on balancing

Glad you got the balancing range - I start almost everyone on that and then move them if they find it too oily or not moisturising enough or are sensitive. I do this because the natural tendency of the skin is to be combination - we just wreck it with synthetic products and it becomes sensitive, dry or too oily as it tries to compensate for the rubbish we use.

As for the garnet exfoliant......it is my absolute favourite.....although the new body milk may give it a bit of competition!! It is not yet out for individual sale but I got a bottle as part of the new product release pack I bought last month.

But I digress.....my personal recomendation is to use the exfoliant but don't scrub too hard......break outs can be caused by dead skin cell buildup or by excess oil so just experiment and find your unique balance. If it gets significantly worse, then discontinue until the breakouts clear but it may well help.

I really recommend that next time you buy anything (if you don't have it already), that you buy the purifying blemish gel....it works a treat. My husband uses it - 59 years old and he still gets pimples.....One day he was in the toilet at work when some young guy around the tender age of 24 was putting cream on his pimples. He asked my husband what age he was when he stopped getting pimples.....to which my husband casually replied "What do you mean stopped...??!!'

Thanks Tracey! I think my skin is slowly starting clear up. I figure it is just sorting itself out with the switch from chemical products to the organic ones. I will try out the scrub then and see how I go.

Iíve already started a wish list for my next purchase and will add the blemish gel to it thanks for the advice, itís much appreciated. Sometimes I donít think I will ever stop getting pimples though!!

If you get pimples 'cos you have a bit more oil than others - be thankful...the positive to that is as you age, you should get wrinkles more slowly than those with dry skin....

Okay ladies, I have been doing some cleaning up! On the first page, you will find link to products and comments made by people in this thread, I will add to them as we go. So if you have more reviews to post, please keep posting! I have used heaps more products since I last posted, I had added my reviews on the first page. Still have more to add!!! How have you been going with your Miessence products? Check out the site HERE - there are heaps more new products now and the site is a bit more user friendly.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Default Essential OIls - Pregnancy - Neways

Looks like Miessence has found a bit of a following here!!! With regards to it being safe in pregnancy with essential oils etc - the concentrations of oils is so low you have no worries there. The whole essential oil thing is so blown out of proportion really. They don't tell you to stop wearing perfume in pregnancy and I personally feel that could be a lot worse for you and the unborn bub!

You also eat mint chocolate which has a good does of peppermint essential oil and no one says you shouldn't do that!!

As for Neways being natural, I sometimes feels sorry for the people who sell it. Especially those who meet me face to face and tell me it is natural as someone did at a conference I attended today. I am not rude but I stand firm that it is synthetic. You wouldn't want to be eating it......and kids eat toothpaste and suck water out of bath sponges.....or is that just my nieces.......

I don't like bashing other products but I know what Miessence is and I know what other products are. Most times I feel sorry because some person believed someone who believed someone else and they aren't lying about their products. They really do believe they are natural and healthy - they just don't have the knowledge to know any better and they believe their friends because they know they wouldn't lie to them. It is just a lot of ignorant misinformation - not being done on purpose with a view to 'selling' something - they genuinely believe they are doign something good for the world.

I know - I come from that background, got an education and went....'oops...this isn't what I thought and moved on!!

The interesting conversation I had today was with someone who knows that perhaps the product she sells isn't up to scratch but she now has a big team and makes money and can't walk away. That's a tough one and I hope I don't find myself in that position because it wouldn't be an easy decision to make.

Have fun with all the products. Let me know if you have questions and I will answer them for you!

Tracey - I have an oily T-zone and jawline breakouts with terrible blackheads on my chin, but dry cheeks. Is the balancing pack the best option for me also?
    Also, with my skin type, whats the best scrub for me to use?

I just love the organic products, I have wanted to find something like this for so long so thanks to you and Kelly for bringing the option to bellybelly.

Default S'Rose Products

I love your tagline or whatever you call it on a forum - about friends...

Start with the balancing range as often the breakouts and crap skin is a result of the harsh products you use. You may well find balancing fine now but too oily in summer - then move to purifying moisturiser.

Most people don't realise you need different moisturisers in summer and winter - you need to change - winter needs heavier moisturisers.

As for scrubs, you get to use my fave product - the garnet exfoliant!!! Use it at least twice a week.....it is sooo fresh!!!

Thanks Tracey, I am a very good girl and change my products by season. So thanks for letting me know what to change it to as its coming up so fast now.
    I am very excited that I get to use the "fav" scrub, I was afraid my skin wouldn't be suitable since everyone is raving.

How's everyone going with their skincare? I am so in love with this stuff, the only thing my skin doesn't react to and looks much better... I couldn't use anything and my skin looked like it was ageing due to the dryness...
    Kelly xx

I've been using the Balancing Cleanser and Moisturiser and the Garnet scrub for almost 2 months now and it's made a huge difference. My skin feels cleaner and smoother, my breakouts have cleared up and my complexion looks more even. (Of course this may also have something to do with my new discovered pregnancy, but I like to think using great products has helped as well )

I'm nearly out of moisturiser so when I get some more of that I think I will also try one of the masks and the jaffa lip balm.

Can anyone help me with face sunscreen, I didn't see it with the skin care stuff when I ordered last night. I currently use dermalogica sun booster 30+ with my moisturiser every morning and have fair skin so really need it every day. Especially as I go outside at work quite a lot.

I am super excited about my soon to be delivery...

Tracey is at a conference at the moment but I am sure she will respond when she returns mid week
    Kelly xx

Hi Kelly,

Just wondering if there has been an answer for the sunscreen dilemma yet?

Thanks for mediating in the middle for me.

Hey Sonya she's currently overseas - got back from the conference then went overseas!!! I will see if I can get her to quickly check in but she's taking a holiday there...
    Kelly xx

Lol, well aren't I just jealous now.

Kelly, don't disturb her holiday, thats not necessary, I can wait til she comes back. There's nothing worse that work stuff while away.

Thanks for letting me know though

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast