Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mi-Essence Organic Skincare Chatter

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Mi-Essence Organic Skincare Chatter

As per request, I am starting up this thread separate to In-Liven to keep things streamlined!!! So if you have used or are interested in using Mi-Essence (certified organic) products for your skin, please post in this thread! To check out the Mi-Essence range click here - all purchases support BellyBelly. You can also read the article about the products on the main site 'What Are You Feeding Your Family's Skin?'

I'll start because I love the stuff, my skin is usually pretty good anyway, but it's awesome now, soft, hydrated and clear If you want to add your comments about any of these products, reply to this thread and I will add it in!

What BellyBelly members have used:

Garnet Exfoliant

BellyBelly: Love it, love it, love it! Smells really fresh and makes my skin so soft! A great one.

Soothing Skin Conditioner

BellyBelly: This is great, I use it as a hydration base under moisturiser, right after I get out of the shower.

Soothing Moisturiser

BellyBelly: My skin is sensitive and I have had no reactions whatsoever that I often get with other brands. My skin feels very moist and protected!

Desert Flower Shampoo (normal to oily hair)

BellyBelly: Love the smell and how my hair feels for a couple of days after but just couldn't get into it - I love my salon shampoos being a coloured blonde. I use it on my kids though, works really well and I am happy using organic products on them rather than all the crappy chemical kids shampoos on the market. I used conditioner too which was nice and smelt like musk, but they have now changed their products and it's one conditioner for all, not different sorts for different hair types.

Sunflower Body Wash

BellyBelly: I could just eat the stuff LOL Been using it for ages as a body wash in the shower a couple of times a week, it's what got me onto these products, started with this and now look at me! I use it in the bath for the kids as bubblebath and they come out delicious smelling! Safe for babies too.

Sherie: The Sunflower body wash is really good, plus it gets rid of DH's 'man smell'. I have given a sample sachet to my SIL because my nephew gets excema (he is 5 months) and while it hasn't cleared it up completely, SIL said he doesn't seem to be bothered by it as much as he was.

Men's Shaving Gel

Bought some for the hubby and he loves it. Smells blokey and it works, that's all he cares about! Hard to get more info out of blokes about beauty products. Love the lockable nozzle, so the kids can't constantly pump it out til it's empty!

Intensive Body Cream

BellyBelly: Went on beautifully, not too oily, smells great, love it
    Sherie: At first it felt oily on my skin, but after a while it just felt really nice and soft. So far today my face doesn't even feel dry yet and still feels good to touch. I have found that is is fantastic for putting on sunburnt skin because it doesn't sting or irritate the skin more like normal moisturisers do. Even the after sun aloe vera gel I had made my skin sting like the blazes, but the Body cream didn't - couldn't even feel that I had it on. So I have been using it heaps to keep my back moisturised.
    Angel: Oh definitely big thumbs up for the intensive body cream. I got some and was going to save it to put in my hospital bag for after the birth but have been using it for the last week or 2 as my tummy has been so itchy with all the stretching and growing it's doing atm. The body cream is really soothing and leaves my skin feeling nice and soft.

Firming Eye & Neck Serum

BellyBelly: My skin was dry before using all these skincare products because I never used to use any - was sick of reactions. So I had a fair few eye lines popping up. They are not as noticable now, I feel like I look my age now I am using it and it's really been a combination of all these products.

Jaffa Lip Balm

BellyBelly: As the name suggests, it smells deliciously of Jaffas! I have had badly chapped lips, left it on overnight and it's made a huge difference. Highly recommend it if you tend to get dry, cracked lips, or to protect them in summer or winter.

Liquid Hand Soap

BellyBelly: Again very fresh smelling! Love it - bought two, one is in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. Use one pump and it's heaps, no irritations. All other brands of hand soaps send my skin into a red, hot, rashy frenzy... not this stuff though

Cleansing Bar - Geranium

BellyBelly: Soap is usually a big no-no for me, I bought it for my hubby as he loves his soap, so I bought some and it smelt so good I started using it to wash my hands every now and again. Smells so yummy! You will seriously love this soap bar and never go back to supermarket brands!!!

General Comments:

BellyBelly: All of it has been excellent quality so far though and I love reading the ingredients - I dont need a science degree!!! No weird chemicals! I love that it must be so good for my body together with the In-Liven

Theresa: I now only use the balancing face wash, toner and moisturiser and just LOVE it! I can notice if I have a few days without it because I start to get breakouts. I got Pete the shaving lotion and he likes it. I got the shampoo and conditioner and its fantastic, as is the garnet facial scrub (actually its AMAZING!), and the girls have been having the occasional sunflower body wash bath.
    Last edited by BellyBelly; September 1st, 2007 at 04:06 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

OK, we have started using the Sunflower body wash and it is really good, plus it gets rid of DH's 'man smell'. I have given a sample sachet to my SIL because my nephew gets excema (he is 5 months) and while it hasn't cleared it up completely, SIL said he doesn't seem to be bothered by it as much as he was.

I can see myself becoming a valued customer before too long LOL. There is so much stuff I want to try...
    Last edited by BellyBelly; September 1st, 2007 at 03:36 PM.

I used the Intensive Body Cream last night after my shower and at first it felt oily on my skin, but after a while it just felt really nice and soft. So far today my face doesn't even feel dry yet and still feels good to touch.

Wow.. the range looks lovely! Might have to give it a go! My DH is gonna shake his head at one of the ingredients.. but shhh... I won't let him look. LOL. Altho in their ingredients details, they say it's an "undesirable" that they want to change.. so that's good!

I'm afraid.. until my DH makes me some liquid soaps & shampoos he loses me as a customer LOL

Anything more natural than commercial soaps and cosmetics is good in my books!

Now.. where do I start.. too many yummy products!

I'm about to purchase a heap of products online for the first time via their site... I've read most of the info at the start of these threads but I'm not quite clear about what I should do in terms of registering as a customer... and what is the point system about again?... I'll keep looking for info but I've kinda got to do it in a hurry while the boys are asleep...

Bathsheba, when you register, they keep tabs on your spend levels - if you look in the product decription there are points values for the products. When that adds up, you get 10% off after a certain amount and 20% off after that. The trick is to buy over $110 at a time for free courier delivery - so I buy my In-Liven every second month and buy two at a time
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

so do i join as me or belly belly? what's that password about? I'm looking at their grey and orange ordering page... I'll be spending over $110.

You sign up / register as yourself with your own username and password - but click the link from BellyBelly and it will recognise you as being from here...
    Kelly xx

Is any of it ok to use in pregnancy?

Tegan, it is completely organic, so it should be perfectly safe to use. The Sunflower Body wash is also recommended for use in baby baths.

Tegan, I reckon you could probably eat it during pregnancy, its soooo natural. They are Beautiful products.
    My Boss is ranging some of the products instore soon, I had to load them into the system last week; However I didnt think it was a supermarket line??

It is safer to use on babies than 99.999% of products on the market! It's very safe, very gentle and its the worlds first CERTIFIED organic range - other products say organic but only have one or two organic ingreadients usually. It's very good and very safe Its the only stuff I would use on my kids and my pregnant body
    Kelly xx

Tegan - If you're worried, just do a bit of research yourself on essential oils and pregnancy. That's probably the only thing I'd watch out for.

I just confirmed with Tracey and she said they are all fine. Tracey is also a qualified aromatherapist so she would know
    Kelly xx

Oooh. Handy to know! Is there a difference between burning the oils during pg, and putting them on your skin do you know?

Yes, its fine to burn any oils - check out the aromatherapy article i wrote on the main site
    Kelly xx

I am spewing atm... have just read the label on the toothpaste which MIL gave us for Aidyn. She claimed it was all natural blah blah, and I'm sure she probably believed it was (fricken Neways!) but I dont call 2 types of artificial sweeteners 'natural' at all! So for all this time Aidyn has been swallowing this crap, which is what I wanted to avoid by not giving him flouridated toothpaste.

So.... after having my rant.... can someone (Kelly? Lucy?) please check the Mi-essence site for me and find out how much the Mi-Essense Mint Toothpaste is? And are one of you guys able to put it with your next order, and I will deposit the $$ to you? I cant get the product page to load atm, so cant see the price...
    I would REALLY appreciate it, ta

Ambah, I have a price list printed off here. You can get Mint, Lemon or Anise toothpaste and they are all $8.50 for a 150g tube, which is pretty big. That should last you for ages. The mouth wash if you're interested is $12.95 for 250ml.

Ambah, I don't mind ordering for you at all, if someone hasn't done it already for you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast